Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Honey is a fast-growing company based in Los Angeles, and we’ve recently joined the PayPal family to help supercharge our mission of creating fairness and value for everyone. We’ve built a community of over 20 million online shoppers and use the collective insights of our members to power an online shopping platform that allows everyone to shop smarter, together. With that, we are excited to say we’re hiring! We are actively seeking a senior frontend engineer on the Droplist team!
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Droplist team at Honey, you will:
- Work with product managers, designers, and other developers to build and maintain frontend applications in React, Redux, and GraphQL
- Perform code reviews
- Work with both internal and external rest and GraphQL APIs
- Occasionally work with other teams within Honey to help make architectural decisions and present new solutions to common frontend challenges
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Experience building user-facing web applications
- Experience with React (or similar e.g. Angular), Redux, ES6, HTML & CSS
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum software development team
- Self-motivated to build and iterate
- Ability to clearly express technical requirements, and explain to others your solutions and recommendations, and able to give and receive feedback
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development I.E. Jest, Cypress, etc.
- Experience with GCP (or similar e.g. AWS)
- A passion for UX and design
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.