Sterile Processing Tech II @ Cedars-Sinai - Los Angeles, CA
Sterile Processing Tech II
Los Angeles, CA
a month ago
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 times for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also received the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year, 3 years in a row. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!What you will be doing in this role:
Under direct supervision, the Sterile Processing Tech II is responsible for decontamination and assembly of equipment, instruments and sterilization of supplies following established assembling, wrapping, sterilizing and documenting procedures. Works closely with user departments for supplies and equipment and maintains established inventory levels of sterile instrumentation/supplies. Inspects and identifies instruments needing repair by following established repair procedures. Participates in quality.
- Performs all Sterile Processing functions and assorted support duties in decontamination areas and clean assembly areas in a safe and technical manner consistent with department, as well as CSHS policies and procedures. This may include assignment to OR areas under the guidance of a Sterile Processing Technician III or Supervisor.
- Inspects and assembles instrument trays, using content lists and Manufactures Instruction for Use (IFU) document as a guide and readiness for sterilization.
- Sterilizes hospital instruments, utensils, linen and supplies using high temperature, low temperature and high level disinfection according to established procedures and following regulatory requirements. Dispenses requested sterile and clean supplies/equipment. Assigns priority to emergency requests and issues. Discusses challenges and issues with SP Technicians III or Supervisor for resolution.
- Disassembles and cleans instrumentation and equipment. Reassembles instrumentation and tests for proper functioning. Tags any instrumentation needing repair for the Sterile Processing Instrument Coordinator or Repair Technicians or Clinical Engineering. Wears personal protective gear when washing and disinfecting equipment and instruments.
- Delivers missing instruments or pickups and/or replaces malfunctioning or damaged instruments as needed from applicable OR units as assigned and call out issues to a Sterile Processing Tech III or Supervisor or another designee.
- Submits incomplete instrument list if replacement instruments are needed, missing from tray or damaged. Utilizes computerized instrument tracking and manufacture’s IFU’s. Containerizes or wraps all trays using proper protocols and procedures.
- Maintains assigned work area in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling sterilized and clean materials and to maintain a safe work environment.
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, along with competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most passionate employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
Education, Certification and Experience Sought:
High School diploma or GED required.
Valid Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required.
1 year in Sterile Processing or Surgical Technologist experience including decontamination, wrapping, sterilization and infection control of basic instrumentation required.