Stormwater Modeler/Engineer @ Woodard & Curran - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues, solving complex stormwater problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard and Curran is seeking a Stormwater Modeler/Engineer for any one our east and west coast offices. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join an exciting team of professionals. The position offers great potential for professional growth in a vibrant working environment and an opportunity to provide innovative and creative design solutions to water resource projects. Typical projects involve assisting state and municipal clients throughout the United States in completing drainage design, stormwater management, floodplain management and other watershed planning using green and gray infrastructure approaches.
- Develop and conduct simulations of complex hydrologic and hydraulic drainage and river systems.
- Conduct watershed and stormwater management planning, permitting and design.
- Provide technical guidance for hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, using a variety of techniques and models (e.g., HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of proposals, work scopes, and cost estimates.
- Serve as a mentor and assist junior level staff/peers.
- Contribute technically on master plans, drainage and regulatory compliance reports and presentations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related field.
- 4 to 8 years of stormwater hydrologic and hydraulic modeling experience.
- P.E. and/or NCEES registration with or ability to obtain one rapidly through reciprocity.
- Knowledge/experience with some or all of the following models/software:
- ARCGIS and QGIS
- HEC-RAS, HEC23, HEC18, HEC-HMS, SWMM, PCSWMM
- 1D/2D modeling HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, Infoworks ICM, FLO2d, Mike Urban.
- Awareness of FEMA flood mapping processes and the Flood Insurance Program.
- Understanding of USACE and other Federal and State permitting processes.
- Experience in watershed and storm water management, stormwater retrofits and green stormwater infrastructure strategies, surface hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, drainage, erosion and sediment control, sediment transport, and watershed/waterway modeling.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Workplace.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply