50+1 Strategies is looking for top talent to join our Summer Fellowship Program. 50+1 Strategies is a premiere political consulting firm with an award-winning track record of successful campaigns that has established us as one of the most prominent political and public engagement firms in the Bay Area. Whether our work is in electoral politics, issue advocacy, or civic engagement, we aim to build campaigns that reflect the communities around them, empower and strengthen volunteer leadership, and engage people to make lasting change.
Our fellowship program is designed to test, train, and develop the next generation of community organizers, campaign staffers, and change-makers. Fellows will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of political campaigns including, but not limited to: field organizing, digital strategy, graphic design, messaging and communications, fundraising, and overall campaign strategy. Fellows will leave with an understanding of what it takes to plan and execute a strategy that uses cutting-edge techniques to engage the public and make long-lasting change.
The program will be dedicated to project-based work and skills training, as well as hands-on work in the community. All people in different stages of their careers (including students of all majors) are encouraged to apply.
Length of the fellowship program will be 9 weeks. Fellows will be paid a stipend of $2700 over the duration of the program, and are expected to complete a minimum of 20 hours per week. This will involve some availability early in the morning to gather and send out press clips for all of 50+1’s clients –– but no prior experience with press clips is necessary. Additionally, there will be a required all-day training at our headquarters in Oakland, CA, on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020.
Colleges, at their discretion, may award participating students academic credit for the fellowship but participating students may not concurrently receive an additional stipend from their academic institutions.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Sunday, March 8, 2020, at 11:59pm PST.
Working directly with our Associates and organizing team, the Organizing Fellow will learn how to:
- Craft and implement voter and volunteer engagement plans
- Draft messaging content, social media posts, ad copy, talking points, memos, and more
- Collect press clips for 50+1’s wide range of clients and share key information in a clear and consistent way
- Coordinate campaign and community events
- Aid in demographic and voter contact research
- Make a difference on the issues that you care about
- Enthusiastic about grassroots organizing and local politics
- Willing to work long and irregular hours at times, potentially including weekends
- Interested in people-centered, metrics-driven work
- Goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Personally organized and hard-working
- Effective and strong communicator
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork
- Flexible and self-motivated