Technical Support Engineer - Digital Radiography (Southern California) @ NeuroLogica - Los Angeles, CA
Technical Support Engineer - Digital Radiography (Southern California)
Los Angeles, CA
14 days ago
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Technical Support Engineer - Digital Radiography (Southern California)
Take a walk around our Danvers, MA Headquarters and you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care – that quite literally saves lives each and every day. We are extremely honored to be one of only a few companies in the world that manufacture CT scanning equipment which is used for infectious disease screening.
What about our company values and culture? Our team is aligned on our core values which includes individual responsibility, respect, hard work and always maintain a sense of urgency – for literally lives are being saved each and every day as a result of the efforts of our team.
We thrive on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making an impact on the ever-changing technology in healthcare. Come be a part of something quite remarkable!
Check out how NeuroLogica has made headlines recently in our efforts to help combat the Coronavirus epidemic! https://lnkd.in/gHzkbjS
SUMMARY: Develop a very high level of product knowledge to respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software; support our service network, and help build a world class technical support center. Deliver best in class product training for NeuroLogica and Samsung imaging products to Field Service Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, and other employees and clients as necessary. This position requires periodic weekend and after-hours support. Experience with Digital XRAY/DR/CR required; CT and Imaging a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Technical Support
- Provide remote technical support (via phone, email, and direct remote connection) to customers, distributors, sales representatives, and field service engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software
- Provide onsite troubleshooting and resolving of complex technical issues on imaging equipment in a hospital environment
- Report design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering
- Perform customer product installation and training as required
- Run tests and simulations at our facility in order to assist with problem solving
- Ensure escalation process is followed appropriately by clients and distributors
- Assist engineers with the specification, design, and implementation of solutions to field problems
- Assist with the evaluation and testing of new revisions of product software and components before they are distributed to the field
- Assist with training and development of service engineers on customer support policies and practices
- Develop, Expand, and Maintain available Technical Resources & Support Infrastructure for the Service Group and Distributor network when necessary
- Documents & Manuals for both Existing & New Products
- Field Change Notice Program
- Web-based Information Portal
- Develop course materials and keep them current to rapidly changing technologies and procedures: This may include planning documents, course descriptions, student materials, instructor materials, course presentations, and equipment specifications, as appropriate to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external provider(s).
- Prepare annual training calendar and execute and coordinate the programs
- Plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training activities
- Conduct training follow-up session and measure effectiveness of training
- Ensure active participation in developing training assessments for participant evaluation
- Evaluate and monitor the quality of training program and the trainer performance
- Maintain a Training MIS
- Maintain and update existing training materials for both new hire and ongoing staff training efforts
- Evaluate the skill sets and knowledge of trainees & provide documentation and feedback to Management
- Provide individualized training based on individual and team needs
- Research, Create, and Implement web-based training sessions from our current course catalogue
- Attend and complete all required training and certification exams
- Become and remain compliant with REPtrax and VendorMate
- Follow all company policies regarding travel, expenses, meetings, and meals
- Maintain current, very high level of knowledge for all products
- Required to wear dosimeter when in direct contact with radiation emitting devices
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Electronics, Telecommunications, or Computer Networking or other related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- Technical training and at least 2 years hands on experience servicing medical equipment or similarly complex devices.
- Experience with Digital XRAY/DR/CR preferred; CT and Imaging a plus
- ISO, FDA, CMDR Awareness Training and Product Complaint System, or Certification – Health Stream
- Experience with mechanical devices, tools and test equipment, telecommunications systems, and working knowledge of computer networking
- Demonstrates skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical
- This job is a fully qualified, career-oriented position where the individual works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- Must be able to assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations to management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment
- Customer focused with exceptional problem solving skills
- Willing to travel overnight occasionally
- Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record is mandatory and background and drug testing (pre and post-employment) is required
- You must be comfortable with technology, and be able demonstrate proficiency with MS Office package, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint; as well as Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
- Often required to Push/pull weights of over 100 pounds when maneuvering Company equipment for repair
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Must be able to sit and/or drive for long periods of time when travelling
- Regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- Interaction with x-ray devices; for this reason strict safety and tracking programs are in place, requiring the utilization of dose monitoring equipment either full time or as necessitated by situation
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very loud.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of terminology and ability to share and communicate effectively within the group
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity
- Ability to function within and support a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to meet accuracy and productivity goals
- Good problem solving skills, ability to evaluate situation and prioritize factors in decision making
- Self-motivated, utilize available resources for self-improvement and development
- Flexible: able to follow directives and accomplish tasks outside of normal duties
Located North of Boston in Danvers, MA, NeuroLogica Corporation, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics, develops, manufactures and markets innovative medical imaging equipment for healthcare facilities and private practices worldwide. As a fast-moving, entrepreneurial company, NeuroLogica is a rapidly growing presence in the radiology field and is committed to delivering fast, easy and accurate imaging solutions to healthcare providers. We welcome you to learn more at: https://www.neurologica.com .
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes;
- 6 Different Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Plans to meet your needs
- Dental coverage through Delta Dental
- Vision coverage by VSP
- Company paid Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage
- $1 for $1 401k match up to 5% managed by Fidelity
- Other benefit options such as company paid employee life insurance, a wellness program, tuition reimbursement and many more!
NeuroLogica welcomes diversity and is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories are always encouraged to apply.