Test Lab Maintenance Engineer II @ Virgin Hyperloop - Los Angeles, CA
Test Lab Maintenance Engineer II
Los Angeles, CA
9 days ago
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we're bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
As the Test Lab Maintenance Engineer, you'll be responsible for working with internal engineering teams to facilitate testing and problem solving. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring equipment is functional, developing maintenance plans, work orders, test plans, test procedures, calibrations, purchasing, and modification of equipment. Additionally, you'll be responsible for ensuring that equipment is operational and functioning in accordance the acceptable standards, best practices and functioning in a repeatable and reproducible manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Set up, repair and ensure functionality on all equipment (mechanical, electrical, sensors, etc.)
- Develop acceptable standards and best practices for system and rig maintenance
- Create maintenance and calibration plans for hyperloop test systems
- Work with Safety Engineering to ensure their mitigations are addressed for this positions scope
- Set up and maintain equipment needed for the company by interfacing with vendors, design groups, facilities, technicians, and test owner
- Create technical documentation including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Determine how to document and prepare test samples
- Create and review documentation using MS Office suite or similar software
- Review/perform testing setup, test results, sample preparation, and documentation of methods.
- Create work orders, test plans, test procedures, and inspection documents.
- Work with test owners to create equipment cost and lead time estimates.
- Travel will be required to our Las Vegas test site (~50%)
- All other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or another related field OR equivalent work experience
- Has worked building or maintaining manufacturing equipment, automotive or air/space craft
- Experience working in Testing Operations or Manufacturing environments
- Very proficient with assembling and troubleshooting of mechanical & electrical systems
- Physically able to crouch, walk, maneuver and lift objects up to 40 lbs. independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work in varying conditions from in a lab to outdoor test areas with varying temperatures, and potentially cramped locations, or otherwise uncomfortable environments
- Available to travel to our Las Vegas test site (~50%)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working in any of the following areas: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Part Fabrication, Welding
- Project and/or monthly budget control
- Experience using 3-D modeling software to design and create part and drawings with proper GD&T
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.