We're BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world's most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This new Computer Vision Industrial Safety company is a joint venture backed by a global industrial goods conglomerate and BCG Digital Ventures, the Boston Consulting Group's corporate venture and incubation arm. We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer who is passionate about defining, articulating, and executing technology strategy from venture launch to scale for a new digital enterprise business.
The venture is launching a computer vision-based platform that tackles the most significant causes of unsafe behavior in industrial manufacturing settings, utilizing cameras and other sensors to sense, detect, predict and prevent unsafe behavior and accidents before they occur in manufacturing plants. Our mission is to create the world's first technology solution for proactive safety in industrial goods.In this role you will:
You should have:
- Liaise with the company's executive team and help drive its strategy
- Build a life critical product at global scale that includes AI/Deep Learning/Reinforcement Learning/ML, CV, IoT, and Web for the purpose of human activity recognition (HAR)
- Build and lead a team of experienced CV/AI/DL engineers, data scientists, cloud engineers, QA/Test, and enterprise software and hardware engineers as appropriate
- Guide end to end system architecture which may include sensor-fusion, visual SLAM and other location sensing techniques. A strong understanding of edge compute vs. cloud compute AI architectures is preferred
- Offer hands-on leadership and mentorship, nurturing and growing the engineering team
- Define technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Be accountable for technical deliverables and release management
- Define best practices around coding methodologies, software development, and quality assurance
- Provide hands-on involvement when needed
- Know the latest modern technologies and selectively choose technologies to ensure our competitive advantage
- 10+ years (7+ years hands-on) architecting and building products from pre-launch through maturity
- Released (and maintained) at least 2 products to the market
- Must have 2-5 years of recent experience developing and commercializing AI/Deep Learning/CV systems at mass market scale
- Experience with developing and deploying B2B/industrial grade/long lifecycle products/systems (3-10+ years in operation)
- Understanding of latest sensor technologies and sensor fusion, SLAM/Location/Mapping. A solid understanding of camera optics is helpful
- Understanding of B2B cloud development, data analytics at scale
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- Startup experience in key engineering leadership positions at high-growth technology companies
- A strong understanding of data privacy issues and methods for mitigating client/public/regulatory concerns
- Experience designing and building CV, ML, IoT, and Web products
- Experience with DevOps, CD/CI, and SRE
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of time
To learn more, visit us atbcgdv.com ( http://bcgdv.com/ )
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/ ( https://www.bcgdv.com/ ). Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.