Director of Engineering, Disruptive Group LA
SBE Hotel Licensing - Los Angeles, CA
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are searching for a committed and proactive Director of Engineering who will handle all required duties with the highest level of professionalism. This role provides leadership to large technical staff as needed to support business unit and Corporate objectives. This includes developing and communicating a strategic vision, as well as establishing priorities, resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success.
- Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures, and meet customer requirements, statutory requirements and corporate objectives. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support of Company products.
- Research and evaluate use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and Improved products; verify the performance capabilities of design concepts to advance the technological position of the Company.
- Provide guidance and oversight for project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues. Manage and guide engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements.
- Prepare and issue management information reports on specific programs and projects relating to engineering systems, production engineering, and product design and development. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports and presentations.
- Manage budgeting process to include capital improvement recommendations and justifications.
- Must have 5-10 years prior experience in an engineering role in a hospitality industry
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing certifications preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Comfortable working on ladders
- Perform job duties In an ethical, professional manner
- Conduct duties consistent with the Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
- Maintenance duties include general maintenance and repairs
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers