Director of Engineering
Hotel Casa del Mar - Santa Monica, CA
We are seeking a Director of Engineering at Hotel Casa Del Mar to join our Team!
This position is responsible for the overall leadership, directing and coordinating all engineering department operations and functions. The Director of Engineering will manage and delegate assignments of personnel, vendors and contractors engaged in repairs and maintenance activities of the hotel including large plant systems, landscape, building exteriors and utilities.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Daily Inspections of Hotel Public Areas to ensure exceptional first impressions and aesthetics.
- Reviews daily job orders, projects and unscheduled tasks to determine priorities and appropriately assigns workloads.
- Schedules repair, improvements and maintenance to minimize down time of assets and equipment and prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- Comply with all applicable Cal-OSHA, NFPA, EPA, NEC and other state and local building codes.
- Analyze Building Management System, make necessary adjustments and suggestions for improved efficiency.
- Directs and/or Facilitates training of employees to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in safety inspections, training, hazard abatement, OSHA Compliance, etc. to ensure a safe work environment for employees and safe facility for guests & visitors.
- Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
- Project Management of Capital Improvements as assigned by the Corporate Director of Engineering.
- Four year college degree with job related education preferred or job associated trade schools.
- Minimum three years as Hotel Director of Engineering or Five Years as Assistant Director or Chief Engineer will be considered.
- Experience in a Luxury property preferred
- It is preferred that the Director of Engineering possess some or most of the following certifications
- Universal EPA 608 certification for handling of CFCs.
- HVAC Technician Certification
- Electrical Certification(s)
- OSHA 30 Hour Training – General Industry
- Commercial Pool Operator Certification. (CPO)
- Completion of CA Plumber Apprentice Program
- Steam Boiler
We are pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive Wage
- Bonus Incentive Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday
- Free Dry Cleaning
- Complimentary Parking and commuter incentive program
- Discounted Gym Membership
The Edward Thomas Collection is an equal opportunity employer to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Director of Engineering: 7 years (Required)
- Steam Boiler: 1 year (Required)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- CA Plumber Apprentice Program (Required)
- CPO (Required)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- HVAC (Required)
- EPA Universal (Required)
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers