The Director Engineering will organize and lead modification programs for the transition of ACG’s fleet of in-service aircraft from an existing lessee to a new lessee or the post-delivery modifications of new aircraft to the initial lessee, within a specified budget and lead time. The role will require direct oversight and continual coordination of the airframe OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers: Boeing, Airbus), third party Engineering and Certification firms, BFE suppliers (Buyer Furnished Equipment) and overhaul facilities required to support the modification, as well as close coordination with ACG’s Technical team overseeing the maintenance and repair facility incorporating the modification and directing the efforts of ACG’s Procurement department in obtaining the needed materials to support the modification.
The Director Engineering will be an proficient on current and forthcoming airworthiness mandates imposed by the major jurisdictional airworthiness authorities (e.g. FAA, EASA, CAAC) in order to support ACG’s Technical and Marketing departments by performing in-depth configuration compliance analysis as it relates to compliance with the various aviation jurisdictional requirements. The position will also provide guidance and estimates to ACG’s Technical and Marketing departments related to potential configuration changes/modifications being considered by ACG’s lessees or in support of transitioning aircraft from one lessee to another.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in aviation related engineering, specifically focused on aircraft modifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical Aviation/Aerospace degree in a related field.
- Highly organized and able to handle complex projects under tight deadlines
- Possess a thorough knowledge of aircraft modification requirements, specifically related to certification and jurisdictional requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate complex aircraft modification projects, including coordination with all applicable stakeholders (the airline, aviation authority, third party suppliers, internal departments).
- Ability to react quickly in a changing environment and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Must have refined communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and sound judgment
About Pacific Life
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you’re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.