Director of Engineering
Hotel Shangri-La - Santa Monica, CA
Hotel Shangri-La, named in 1939 and located in Santa Monica, California is an independently owned and managed property and is not a corporate affiliate or member hotel of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, Shangri-La Hotel Management Ltd, Shangri-La Asia Ltd, or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries.
We are searching for a committed and proactive Director of Engineering who will handle all required duties with the highest level of professionalism. This role provides leadership to large technical staff as needed to support business unit and Corporate objectives. This includes developing and communicating a strategic vision, as well as establishing priorities, resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success.
- Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures, and meet customer requirements, statutory requirements and corporate objectives. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support of Company products.
- Research and evaluate use of new technologies to be used In the development of new and Improved products; verify the performance capabilities of design concepts to advance the technological position of the Company.
- Provide guidance and oversight for project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis, risk management, issues management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues. Manage and guide engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements.
- Prepare and issue management information reports on specific programs and projects relating to engineering systems, production engineering, and product design and development. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports and presentations.
- Manage budgeting process to include capital improvement recommendations and justifications.
Must have previous hotel or residential building maintenance experience * HVAC, electrical, plumbing certifications preferred, but not required * Must be able to lift 50 pounds * Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time * Comfortable working on ladders * Perform job duties In an ethical, professional manner which Is consistent with the Oshkosh Way * Conduct duties consistent with the Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures * Maintenance duties include general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, public areas and administrative offices * Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, and cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs * Repairs on mechanical, electrical, kitchen, and laundry equipment, requiring some skills and experience in these areas * Responsible for painting of ceilings, walls, doors, windows and trim
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers