The HBO Max Story
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best.
Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.The Job
The Director, Data Engineering will support the development of analytical capabilities necessary to generate meaningful insights about subscriber behavior for WarnerMedia's HBO Max streaming service. In this role, you and your team will collaborate across the organization to design and deliver high-quality scalable data solutions. You will be accountable for implementing data governance, data integrity, data engineering standards, data integration, and QA best practices. The ideal candidate will be passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology. They will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer. The candidate must be a "doer" who can execute as well as balance longer-term strategic thinking. The candidate will be part of a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes. The director can be located in either Los Angeles, Seattle or New York.The Daily
- Support the development and implementation of a robust data platform strategy to support business objectives.
- Partner with peers in marketing, product, BI, development and content to plan and execute a comprehensive data roadmap.
- Use expertise to identify opportunities to leverage data and provide guidance to colleagues related to the capture, analysis and visualization of information.
- Develop an overarching data governance framework to successfully manage large amounts of data, ensuring compliance with regulations while maintaining data integrity and accessibility.
- Develop software engineering best practices, guidelines, procedures, and repeatable and scalable frameworks.
- Provide technical direction to a team of engineers and project managers.
- 10+ years experience managing high volume data environments.
- Experience managing an engineering team.
- Experience with machine learning and statistical analysis, programming and scripting capabilities.
- Proficient in data warehousing, dimensional modeling, and data architecture.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience in entertainment or with direct to consumer streaming apps highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to collaborate across the organization.
- BS in engineering or related field or equivalent experience, MS highly preferred.
- Expertise/experience in these key technical areas/domains - AWS Cloud platform tools.
- Data warehousing tools such as Dynamo DB, Oracle, SQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake.
- Data Modeling and System Analysis.
- Data Platforms. EMR, Data Bricks, AWS. - Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflow, R, Machine Learning.
- Experience and knowledge with various Business Intelligence reporting tools (Microstrategy, Looker, Tableau) a plus.
- Experience with Digital Marketing tools for instrumentation and analytics analysis, such as Segment, Google Analytics, and Datorama.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.