Chief Engineer, responsible for all technical aspects of the F/A-18, EA-18G and F-5 aircraft.
Position will be the definitive technical authority for all aspects of engineering on all program elements (hardware/software/support/test) and leads a multi-disciplined engineering team of 175+ Managers and Engineers, managing the technical performance of the program, meeting cost and schedule requirements including subcontracted elements. Coordinates requirements development, hardware/software design, verification, and validation activities. Ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and is compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards. Maintains cognizance over technical activities within program IPTs and ensures horizontal integration of the best engineering practices across the company. Continually coordinates with the systems engineering and program integration team (PIT) leader to ensure the execution of program statement of work. Extensive customer interface and s ome travel will be required.
The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, planning and communication skills and possess
extensive Air Vehicle design and analysis skills. Candidate must be familiar with EVMS techniques.
This position will be a direct report to the Vice President of RT&E, Palmdale Aircraft Integration CoE and a dotted line report to the F/A-18 & F-5 Program Manager.Qualifications:Basic Qualifications
- 15 or more years of experience leading a technical team employees to successful product development and delivery .
- Technical breadth in the Requirements Allocation, Structures Design, Structural Analysis, Subsystems Design and a broad knowledge of end-to-end program lifecycle .
- CAM experience using earned value management systems, and with highly integrated program schedules.
- Must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Active Secret Clearance is not required to start, but candidate must be eligible for and must maintain eligibility for Secret Clearance.
- Program management experience
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to partner cross-IPT/cross-discipline within a team
- Strong program technical leadership skills
- Strong program execution skills; Demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
- Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance.
- Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team
- Development and Production Program experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.