Assistant Director, Engineering
: United States-Los Angeles-Fairmont Century Plaza
Assistant Director Engineering
Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence
. Apply your exceptional standards as Assistant Director, Engineering, where you will implement preventative maintenance and resource management programs in support of a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Hotel Overview: At the core of Century Plaza’s collection of world-class culinary, entertainment, and leisure opportunities stands the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel, which since 1966 has been hailed for visionaries design and service. Century Plaza’s unparalleled team of designers have transformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into the heartbeat of 21st-century city living. Shopping and entertainment at Century Plaza surpass the expectations of the most discerning individual, complementing 1.2 million square feet of elite retail at the newly completed Westfield Century City just next door. Verdant landscapes and a commissioned sculpture by Jaume Plensa add vitality and spirit to Century Plaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist in the day to day management of the Maintenance department and ensure all standards are followed
- Coordinate preventive maintenance program for guest rooms, public areas and safety systems, working closely with Front Desk, Security and F&B departments
- Monitor, update and implement the fire safety plan, building evacuation and disaster recovery plan
- Ensure prompt and immediate response to maintenance requests for guests and Colleagues
- Oversee ongoing maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance for the Hotel with a focus to improve efficiency, profitability and service levels
- Follow the annual maintenance budget
- Assist in the monitoring of energy and water management programs
- Recruit, schedule, conduct performance reviews, train and develop engineering Colleagues
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Engineering degree/diploma or related discipline preferred
- Proven ability to supervise multiple complex projects with a focus on results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
APPLY TODAY : Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D
: Management / Supervisory
: Rotating / Shift Work