All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Systems and Operations Assurance Department (SOAD) is the source of expertise in Operations and Facilities Engineering, Product and Process Assurance, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering to our corporate customers. SOAD offers a diverse range of capabilities that enable and support the effective implementation of technical and programmatic mission assurance activities on satellite manufacturing and processing, launch, and associated ground systems. We have a current need for an Associate Director to provide leadership, planning, and direction of technical office staff and operations.
- Supports the Director with the strategic planning for the department
- Assists the Director in evaluation, training, and assignment of staff, determines staffing needs, coordinate activities/operations among subordinate units
- Communicates and coordinates with counterpart organizations and customers
- Plans and leads technical projects for customers
- Performs hardware design and manufacturing reviews, functional and physical configuration audits, and process quality audits
- Assesses root cause analysis and corrective action plans for product/process nonconformities
- Evaluates manufacturing capabilities, processes, and controls
- Conducts management review of detailed technical reports
- Seeks/identifies opportunities for additional/expanded new business
- Mentors members of the technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field from an accredited school
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of experience as a quality or manufacturing engineer in the high-reliability manufacturing of space/aerospace hardware and ground systems knowledge
- Direct experience supporting anomaly and failure investigations
- Direct experience working with suppliers and subcontractors to resolve supply chain issues
- Demonstrated ability to lead/support multiple technical projects and teams in a fast-paced environment
- Certifications and direct experience with QMS standards including ISO 9001 and/or AS9100
- Familiarity with ground/launch systems facilities/infrastructure and operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to contractor and/or government facilities
- Current TS/SCI clearance required
- Master's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Direct experience with workmanship standards of electronic assemblies (IPC J-STD-001, NASA 8739
- Direct experience working in a dynamic technical environment with customers, SETA, FFRDCs
- Direct experience supporting program management reviews (PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, and PSR)
- Direct experience performing functional and physical configuration audits
- Experience with developing project requirements and budget/cost estimates
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: ASSOC DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Operations, Engineering, Government