Dollar Shave Club - Marina del Rey, CA
We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, fragrance with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
ABOUT TECHNOLOGY AT DSC:
Behind DSC’s strong consumer-facing brand and digital products is a lean and mean team of technologist who architect, design, build and operate our high-volume Global Website, award-winning Native Mobile App, RESTful-ish API driven e-commerce platform, expansive Creative Content & MarTech platforms, customer-centric Member engagement tools, Data Science & Machine Learning Lab and the cloud-native Infrastructure that hosts all the magic. Our team also prides itself in delivering best in class technical capabilities across our manufacturing, fulfillment, accounting, marketing, people, legal and business intelligence functions around the world.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced technology leader to scale our talented software engineering teams and our global consumer platforms and applications. Reporting to the CTO you will leverage your leadership skills, your technical expertise, and passion for innovation to solve mission-critical problems and set the strategic direction for our software engineering organization. As the leader of one of the company’s most vital capabilities, you will also engage cross-functionally to create new business models, design new products, expand company benefits and culture, grow our international brand and establish exciting career paths for our awesome and creative people. If you are ready to lead, learn and laugh while working out of an amazing space in Marina Del Rey we could be your next challenge. You’ll often wear multiple hats and get a holistic, multi-faceted career-building experience working with top talent. Come join us.
Engineering / Strategy
- Collaborates with the CTO, members of the Technology Leadership team, Principal Engineers and Architects to develop a Software Engineering Vision & Strategy aligned with DSC’s company objectives.
- Defines KPIs, objectives, and targets for measuring and improving the quality, security, scalability, maintainability, cost and time to market of our custom software solutions.
- Works closely with our Digital Product & Design teams to ideate, scope, plan, estimate, coordinate, derisk roadmaps for our consumer-facing experiences and global e-commerce platforms.
- Drives thought leadership within the organization with presentations, diagrams, and documentation to promote world-class engineering practices and execution.
Delivery / Execution
- Participate in an iterative planning process to estimate, prioritize and roadmap the development of new features and applications.
- Ensure software delivery deadline commitments are met and manage risks and dependencies across the portfolio.
- Balance the work in the engineering squads to include the expected capacity allocation for new features, tech debt, architecture improvements, and innovation prototypes.
- Drives adoption of new technology and processes across the engineering teams.
- Identifying process bottlenecks and opportunities for continuous improvement in the design, development, configuration, testing, deployment, monitoring and operation of our cloud platforms.
- Create technical requirements and application designs to govern the security, scalability, sustainability, cost and overall quality of our infrastructure, systems, content, and data.
- While this position is not expected to be an individual contributor on our production systems on a consistent basis, a person filling this role is expected to be hands-on enough to be able to jump in and help our teams with technical issues or handle production spelunking as needed.
Team Building / Management
- Attract, hire & retain highly skilled engineers.
- Assessing skills & building career development plans for direct reports.
- Performance management through alignment/setting of objectives/deadlines for direct reports and cross-functional teams.
- Build a healthy engineering culture by planning and facilitating technical events, recognition programs, and technical learning curriculums.
- Acts as an expert advisor, coach, and mentor across the technology organization on latest engineering principles and practices.
- Acts as a point of escalation for teams facing complex technical challenges
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of experience in application development, software & solution architecture with increasing responsibilities, with at least 5 of those in a management role and at least 3 years of managing teams of 20+ engineers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field. Advanced Degree is a plus.
- Prior experience in the E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Domains.
- A passion for mentoring and building strong technical leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to transform teams and technology in a rapidly growing environment.
- Experience hiring and building blended teams of full-time and contract engineers working across multiple sites and time zones
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and delivering projects using Agile development practices and tools.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery tools and DevOps practices.
- Experience with Data Technologies: Spark, Redshift, Aurora, AWS EMR, S3, and other AWS Data Tech.
- Experience with streaming technologies: Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming.
- Experience with Serverless & microservices architecture.
- Strong API design and implementation skills.
- Strong presentation skills and written & spoken communication skills.
- Abreast of the latest and greatest technology advancements in web and native mobile platforms.
- Understanding of Big Data architectures, data science / Machine Learning platforms, and Business Intelligence Visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience with the implementation and integration of business systems across the Accounting, Supply Chain and Manufacturing domains is a plus.
- Experience with physical retail technology solutions is a plus.
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Dollar Shave Club will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club!
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers