How I will contribute
As the VP of Engineering you will guide a team of Software, QA and DevOps Directors, craft and execute Asure’s technology strategies side by side with our CTO, delivering quality Cloud Software and Hardware via Amazon’s AWS infrastructure. You will be a key part of the management team guiding all engineering development activities and achievements. Bringing your commercial technical expertise, leveraging your development and architectural experiences to drive effective, efficient and quality teams to success. Your team will drive client's development and integrations of applications.
Asure annually invests 8-12% of its annual budget into R&D, and has a 3-year strategy to provide additional investment supporting this strategic VP Engineering role. This is a unique opportunity, for you to work in both leading edge technologies (Mobile-first, AWS/ Lambda, Micro-services).
- Bring your successes in scaling software development organizations and building centers of excellence, as we continue double-digit growth.
- Be a key decision maker on how to solve todays’ most challenging problems and what complex problems the company will solve next, through future roadmap planning.
- Strategic growth initiatives. Develop, execute and maintain a strategic roadmap through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Collaborate with technical and operational leadership across the company to ensure that our direction and approach aligns vertically throughout the technology stack.
- Partner with Product Management executives to ensure objectives align and the Engineering machine can effectively deliver.
- Responsible for a predictable engineering operation and improved development productivity.
- Ensure the right business needs are met vs. the perfect technical solution.
- Lead a team of Engineering Directors to success, through coaching and mentoring initiatives for all engineering.
- Orchestrate deep-dive problem solving with your teams.
- Leverage your technical skills in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Cloud Infrastructure, and automated deployments using CI/CD tools.
- Collaborate and communicate with a diverse platform of customers, including Fortune 500 / Global 2000, key executives within our organization, and critical external channels.
What I will bring
Technology vision and leadership in the development and operational management of PaaS/SaaS products built on high-availability infrastructure. An understanding of our technology stack- and strong knowledge of networking technologies, systems architecture, programming, and design/implementation of multi-tenant SaaS/PaaS products. You are both a strategist, and an exceptional operator, people developer, purveyor of engineering culture, and courter of top talent.
- Expert experience in owning diverse software engineering teams at a leadership level.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Computer Science or an adjacent degree domain, potentially with some information systems or business administration education.
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time.
- Technical career progression in software organizations, from hands on development to leading multiple successful engineering teams.
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation and promote engineering best practices across teams.
- Have previously directed engineering efforts to ensure excellence in development.
- Experience in recruitment, development, and double digit growing engineering teams.
- Skilled in setting clear expectations for your team: to solicit, synthesize and deliver feedback.
- Ability to set and track goals.
- Experience in cultivating high engaging teams.
- Ability to evaluate team member performance and recommend specific actions (e.g. salary changes, promotion, exit, etc...).
- Ability to set aggressive but achievable goals for our software products and deliver against those goals.
- Experience in evaluating, identifying, and removing roadblocks that are hindering your team.
- Ensure your team delivers consistent, quality output, and continuously seeks ways to make a positive impact.
- Report sprint progress and provide estimates to drive timely product releases.
- Previous experience working closely with Leadership to ensure the engineering team’s work is aligned with the broader technology roadmap.
- Experience in effective partnership with the rest of the business to manage scope and deliverables.
- Have previously worked with finance and executive teams to establish budgets, forecasts and vendor management programs.
- Have lead cross-functional communications across lines of business by communicating critical technical challenges to non-technical business members to ensure alignment.
- Worked with key stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize corporate business roadmap initiatives.
The good stuff
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA- effective day 1
- Basic Life, A+D, and STD
- 401K Program with matching
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Comradery: President’s Circle Award, Team Building, Happy Hours, Charity Drives, and Team Lunches
- Some “COOL” Extras: Kitchen stocked with unlimited snacks and drinks, Taco Tuesdays, Flap Jack Fridays, End of Month Lunch, and more!
Who we are
Our 8,000+ clients in 80 countries rely on Asure Software’s SaaS-based, Cloud solutions to turn their biggest expenses: labor and real estate; into strategic advantages. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we offer an amazing opportunity to scale your skills to the next level, working for a leading provider of best-in-class solutions designed to help businesses grow. Our clients, small & medium-sized organizations as well as iconic Fortune and Global 100 enterprises, enjoy our easy-to-use, easy-to-deploy solutions and benefit from reduced costs and increased employee collaboration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time. Criminal background checks conducted at employment offer.