VP, IT Engineering-USA
Ingram Micro - Irvine, CA
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
The Vice President of Engineering will lead digital product teams of business and technical resources responsible for delivering online products across the entire customer lifecycle. This lifecycle includes: Signup, discover, configure, quote, order, fulfill, bill and manage. S/he will deliver minimal viable products that quickly meet the customer needs online – both via browser and mobile. S/he will own the product architecture and delivery inclusive of QA and release management. These digital teams will deliver products via agile scrum methodologies that are aligned with business priorities to maximize Ingram Micro’s position in the marketplace while improving the customer experience.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Product Team Leadership
Supporting Actions: Own eCommerce and marketplace delivery inclusive of foundational capabilities like search through the entirety of the online shopping cart experience. Oversee 15-20 small “pod” teams that deliver – per agile scrum methodologies – products and capabilities that allow customers to interact with Ingram Micro online. These form the basis for our ecommerce and marketplace sites that manage the entirety of the customer lifecycle (signup – discover – configure – quote – order – fulfill – bill – manage). Teams consist of dedicated product owners, business analysts and software team members with shared architects, quality assurance and scrum masters. Capabilities are delivered in two to three week sprints (or delivery cycles).
End Results: We have identified over 50 core capabilities that need to be delivered and / or improved in order to drive online revenue growth, reductions in working capital and improved customer experiences.
Enterprise Architecture (EA)
Supporting Actions: Serves as a key member of the company’s global Architecture Review Board (ARB). The newly formed ARB will ensure alignment of technology to business requirements. Ensures interoperable, forward-looking, agile/adaptive, highly available and highly scalable solutions. Maintains the company’s technology stack and standards. Helps establish the company’s technical vision and works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness. Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values. EA approval serves as a critical step prior to advancement in our project management methodology (PMM). Collaborate with the business stakeholders to identify the areas of focus to drive greater revenue through our digital platforms versus traditional call center approach. Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each.
End Results: Solutions and technology that always work and meet / exceed customer expectations. Reusable components and solutions that speed delivery while reducing costs.
Supporting Actions: Drive product innovation and participate in our global innovation program that facilitates the identification and smart adoption / investment of new technologies at Ingram Micro. The program will be delivered via three approaches: Co-innovation with partners and vendors; university programs; and crowdsourcing. Provide periodic updates to management. Conduct research and case studies that lead to determinations on the probability of implementation. Infuse innovation into our project management methodology (PMM). Relevant technologies include, but are not limited to, blockchain, robotic process automation, robotics, AI/ML, AR/VR, big data and predictive analytics, code patterns and more.
End Results: Digital products that are progressive and position Ingram Micro as competitive and / or differentiated in the market. A pipeline of ideas that are measured – from ideation through adoption.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- BS in related field and at least 15 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field. Preferred MBA/MS in related filed with 10 years’ experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic.
- Proven leadership and experience in building and maintaining B2B and B2C eCommerce sites and online marketplaces. Must have end-to-end experience in all facets of digital delivery.
- Preferred experience in the wholesale Distribution Industry and or relevant consulting leadership experience. Distribution specific experience in large scale data analysis and customer segments including but not limited to SMB (Small and Medium Business), Retail, Etail, Telco and Corporate (VAR).
- Experience leading and deploying online and digital capabilities through scrum and agile methodologies.
- Experience running innovation programs; proven and provocative thought leader.
- Familiarity with ERP solutions (SAP preferred), supply chain and CRM.
- Seasoned experience in Matrix management organizations with proven ability to manage and drive implementation and change.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in solution and proposal design and evaluation. Including but not limited to RFP creation and responses.
- Demonstrated and proven experience in Program Governance, Prioritization, Integration Testing, Quality assurance in large scale system deployments in distribution channels and IT industry
- Six Sigma and lean experience is preferred. A culture of and behaviors that reflect continuous improvement is a must.
- Global experience.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers