Walmart, in an effort to ensure the number 1 spot in retail and eCommerce, has and continues to make a commitment to innovation. We do this in two ways; through incubation and acquisition of new and innovative technology companies, adding new brands to our family each and every year. The goal here is to allow these brands to grow organically with the backing of the world's largest retailer, to live by our motto of "Save Money, Live better". We are currently supporting brands including Bonobos, Jetblack, IRL, Franklin, Hayneedle, Art.com, Spatial&, Jet.com and many more. We are located in New York, the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, Omaha, Los Angeles and Hoboken.
Here's some inside info from business insider on Walmart Brands:
https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-acquires-digital-brands-list-2018-12#modcloth-5 ( https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-acquires-digital-brands-list-2018-12#modcloth-5 )
What You'll Do
We need engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Walmart and our family of brands from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
You will be working with technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts and operations teams to develop dynamic client-side web applications across most areas of our business working on prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Will own deliverables for our web apps and front end
- Is a self-starter with a "can do" attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
- Is detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Has some familiarity with current development tools such as Jenkins, Git, bower, gems, npm and bundles.
- Has interest in start-up environments, and the desire to be a part of the next big thing
- 4+ years of applicable industry experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Eng., Mathematics, or related field is preferred.