Software Engineer, Frontend - UI
Dollar Shave Club - Marina del Rey, CA
We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too. Our culture is original, creative, and cool. We offer competitive benefits and compensation to qualified candidates. We work in an open-air industrial building in sunny Marina Del Rey, CA –minutes from the beach.
We're looking for a self-motivated, results-driven engineer who is as passionate about collaboration as you are working solo. Your communication skills are top notch and you enjoy working in an ever-changing landscape. You enjoy bringing new ways of thinking to the table as much as you enjoy discovering new ways of thinking through the work of others.
- Build features for dollarshaveclub.com and internal apps
- Create libraries and frameworks to support various systems at DSC
- Test and optimize models, frameworks, and services that power DSC frontend applications
- Knowledge of the front-end package management, framework, and micro-library landscape a huge plus
- Easily convert mockups, prototypes, and user stories into production ready code
- Partner with Product, Creative, and Backend teams to bridge between UI/graphic design and technical implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience or education
- 3+ years in:
- Experience with using Node.js in a production environment
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails or Django
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related fundamental web technologies
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Familiarity with dev-ops technologies like Docker, Vagrant, and Kubernetes is a strong bonus
- Self-motivation: You need to be a self-starter who loves to use technology to solve the problem at hand.
- A fast learner: We are not looking for specific experience with our tech stack - just the willingness and sufficient experience (with an equivalent stack) to pick it up fast.
- An eager collaborator: We work in small cross-functional teams and expert engineers to actively chart the course of a project in quick iterations.
- Prior experience with asynchronous e-commerce is a big plus.
We work in an open-air, freshly renovated office in the heart of Silicon Beach. As we disrupt industries, our plan is to think big but stay small. No egos. No jerks. No prima donnas. Just awesome folks who live and breathe collaboration and dig the perks like haircuts, lunches and team happy hours. And yes, we have snacks.
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers