Senior Software Engineer, Tools
Blizzard Entertainment - Irvine, CA
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making the game development process faster and easier. This position’s primary responsibility will be to create and support the various software tools that are used in the development of Hearthstone. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Help improve the way that Hearthstone is developed through the design, implementation, and support of various software tools.
- Be a ‘force multiplier’ for the other members of the Hearthstone development team. The code you write will make the Content Developers more productive.
- Some amount of day-to-day DevOps support is to be expected from this role.
- Maintain a basic familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- 5 years of experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Strong C# skills and familiarity with MVVM and data binding.
- Strong user-facing UI design sensibilities with a keen eye towards UX.
- Strong passion for making the development process faster and easier.
- High comfort level improving, refactoring and re-envisioning an established code base.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines and embodies a service-oriented attitude.
- Experience with Perforce or similar version control architecture.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Experience developing on the Unity platform.
- Large scale application development in WPF.
- C++ Experience.
- Python Experience.
- iOS or Android development experience.
- Experience working with ImGui.
- Previous experience implementing tools for mid-to-large scale game development.
- Relational database experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers