Senior Tech Release Project Manager
ADP - Pasadena, CA
- Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
- Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn't find.
- Insightful strategist. Transforms insights into ideas and ideas into plans.
- Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies. This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO 55 in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena.
Take a peek into our awesome environment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1SnFm4l6c&sns=fb
As a Sr. Tech Project Release Manager you will have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve failures to production code promotions, will support continuous improvement of the release management process to meet business needs, and will maintain current release management tools, documents, and reports in an agile scrum development environment. The following are highlights of what we are looking for in the right candidate.
THINGS YOU'LL DO:
- Guide initiatives to align with the overall application portfolio and core platform blueprint and manages the evolution of the application portfolio from a release management vantage point.
- Manages Release Management function in the successful implementation of software code for all applications
- Manages the development of procedures and policies related to software release of applications during the development and maintenance product life cycle
- Interfaces with key software providers to establish release management guidelines
- Ensures that all software releases meet time constraints while ensuring that specifications are met and delivered.
- Understands and manages large scale application deployments
- Develops release plans
- Shows proven ability to develop automated continuous delivery and deployment solutions
- Works with Program Manager to coordinate project health-checks, providing burn down metrics and status
- Create hi-level release documentation outlining changes being promoted
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- 7+ years of experience working in Release Management
- 5+ years of experience with large commercial application delivery
- 5+ years managing team workloads
- 5+ years of experience managing projects
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile Scrum software development environment
- 3+ years of scrum master experience a plus
- 3+ years of continuous integration/continuous delivery experience in agile scrum environment
- 2+ years of experience with source code management system configuration and administration using Changeman and/or Changeman DS
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
HOW YOU'LL STAND OUT:
- Experience with any scripting language is a big plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and be able to communicate and adapt effectively to different audiences
- Experience in office and collaboration tools (SharePoint, Rally, JIRA, Confluence, Trello) is a plus
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers