In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Core Tech team, you'll help drive operational sustainability for League of Legends by reducing technical complexity and championing technical discipline. For this role, you'll report into the engineering lead for the League Client application. You'll help lead the effort of defining the technical vision for that product, and you'll work hands-on with other front end specialists to actively push our codebase toward that vision. You will also collaborate with our technical leads across different feature teams to uphold technical standards and elevate others by teaching best practices. Our client utilizes the Chromium Embedded Framework to render major components of the League experience like Champion Select, Player Profile and Collections, Queue Selection, and Lobbies. You can read more about the architecture of the client here ( https://technology.riotgames.com/news/architecture-league-client-update ).
- Lead a team of engineers to implement solutions to technical problems
- Identify and make performance improvements to the League Client
- Build and monitor health metrics to increase client stability and reliability
- Build new tools that improve development workflow efficiency
- Contribute to team product prioritization discussions
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, including full stack
- Experience with C++
- Experience architecting large-scale, modular desktop applications
- Experience with test driven development
- Exceptional communication skills
- Expert knowledge of EmberJS and other web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS, etc)
- Experience building applications using the Chromium Embedded Framework
- Great sense for UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with art and visual design
- Experience with Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, ESLint, Babel, CSS preprocessors
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).