Joybird is reinventing the reality of shopping for home furnishings online. We are committed to developing innovative digital experiences that facilitate a 1:1 conversation with users, personalizing every interaction to support a core goal of allowing customers to express themselves through the physical spaces they occupy.
Joybird, one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the global furniture industry, is looking for a Sr. Front-End Engineer with React.js/Node.js expertise to help build immersive, interactive e-commerce experiences and perfect front-end components. We believe frontend code is design.What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Design and create scalable, accessible, and cross-browser compatible experiences leveraging React.js and our internal design system.
- Build immersive and interactive user experiences.
- Work closely with with UX, product, and engineering to design + implement the UI of our single page apps
- Leverage maintainable, reliable, and simple libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications.
- Optimize our applications to maximize speed and scale.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications.
- Iterate on various components within our pipeline, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Test your code to identify performance issues before they become a problem
- Maintain our interactive style guide (storybook) so that back-end developers can easily reuse and implement your work
- 2+ years of React/React Native experience
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience using Git
Our Core Values:
- Experience with Redux, Stylus, or Webpack
- Experience with Framer
- You've built and shipped experiments (AB, split, or multivariate testing)
- Experience working in a distributed team environment
- Customer-centric — You are passionate about delivering an end-to-end WOW experience for every customer.
- Transparent — You exchange information and feedback frequently to strengthen relationships, ensure alignment, and elevate problem solving.
- Results-driven — You aim high and go beyond tradition and standards to reach our goals.
- Constantly evolving — You're never satisfied and are unafraid to be a better version of yourself.
- Competitive salary
- A business that trusts and embraces tech
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- A startup with a proven business model that's growing fast
- Generous health benefits (dental, medical, vision)
- 401k plan
- Ample Paid Time Off
- Fully stocked pantry with your choice of snacks and drinks
- Furniture discounts (for friends and family too)
- $2,000 and up to two weeks of your time for self-directed professional development