We are a 150+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with a satellite office in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
About the Role
Our managers are not only strong technical experts and technical leaders, but they also manage a highly motivated team of engineers. In this role, you will not only lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams in creating and delivering products but you will be involved in solving challenging technical problems. You will be responsible for managing project goals, contribute to frontend product strategy, lead software architecture design, and help develop and grow the team. You should have strong communication skills, both within the engineering teams and with the stakeholder across the various projects you will interact with. If you have a strong technical background and are interested in all the challenges of people leadership; you might make a great fit for this position.Responsibilities:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Build out an exceptional team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
- Partner with senior engineers to define the next generation architecture for the front end team, including identifying gaps in the existing system and designing alternatives that are scalable, robust and easy to maintain
- Lead by example and help other engineers with their projects e.g. outline and architect out big problems. You are not expected to take on any critical path projects, but you will help your team with the development of theirs.
- Set clear expectations and foster a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and career development
- Identify and resolve process bottlenecks and thoughtfully implement processes that enhance the team's code quality and customer impact
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and technical architecture discussions
Nice To Have:
- 5+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 3+ years of Front end experience working on SEO-critical products with isomorphic or SSR aspects.
- 2+ years of technical leadership, people management experience, or engineering management experience
- Deep experience building high performance frontend applications and measuring their performance.
- Attention to detail, passion for UX and design, excellent problem solving skills, and great communication skills
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're able to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Experience with iterative design and working with cross functional teams
- Comfortable with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
- Experience with continuous deployment and tools like Docker, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building Progressive Web Applications
- Experience with JS type systems like Flow and Typescript
- Experience with Front end testing frameworks like Jest, Sinon, Enzyme, and automated browser testing tools like Selenium.
- Experience with monitoring and error detection tools like New Relic, Data Dog, and Sentry
- Experience with Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.