Ingram Micro - Irvine, CA
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Front-end Engineer creates and enhances digital interfaces to make an effortless and enjoyable experience for Ingram Micro customers. Combining design, user-centered research and front-end development best practices, the Front-end Engineer has a strong passion for working with and simplifying complex systems that span multiple products. From ensuring smooth navigation to enhancing visual appeal, the Front-end Engineer takes initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities which improve customer journey in commerce experience. They promote standards and best practices for fellow engineers, regularly contributing with little oversight beyond high-level direction and providing guidance for less experienced engineers.
This role will be responsible to build, ensure quality and ship the next generation Ingram Micro commerce platform. The team you will be joining is building a commerce platform utilizing true microservice and reactive design principles to support the full suite of Ingram Micro B2B experiences.
Own and build front End solutions for ecommerce applications
- Build complex frontend solutions from the ground up using the latest web technologies
- Develop new user-facing features using cutting-edge frontend technologies
- Collaborate with a diverse team of designers, developers, and engineers.
- Implement web design principles and standards to ensure our sites renders well across multiple devices
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Working in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new front-end applications
- Innovating new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Build and ensure our code artifacts are building in Continuous Integration (CI) fashion and we soon realize our dream of Continuous Delivery (CD).
What you bring to the role:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Relevant Science and Math disciplines with an IT emphasis is required
- 6+ years’ of relevant technical experience, with at least 3 years building Front End Solutions in eCommerce, or Master’s degree plus 4+ years’ of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience in developing frontend solutions using languages: C#, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl or Node.js
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Extensive experience with front end frameworks such as ASP.Net MVC, React, Angular, Vue, or Ember
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling (AJAX)
- Experience with RESTful APIs and MicroServices
- Experience with unit testing libraries such as Mocha, Jest, Chai, Enzyme
- Experience with code versioning tools (TFS, git) and process
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and work across teams and disciplines
- Strong software design and test methodology knowledge and abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written forms
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems and break them into small solvable pieces
- Ability to learn new tools, frameworks, technologies and platforms required experience
- This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
AI powered job discovery for job seekers and Free ATS for Employers