The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
The Web Software Developer is responsible for designing and developing web based code/software solutions and maintaining existing web based code/software for the Disney Television Animation business unit.Responsibilities :
A high level breakdown of the Web Software Developer’s responsibilities follows:
- Interacting with departmental and production staff as required
- Analyzing production software procedures and problems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing software solutions
- Assist with identifying opportunities to improve: production software output, efficiency, and workflow
- Software analysis and design
- Code testing / integration
- High level support of developed code
The Web Software Developer partners with the technology department’s management, department staff and production personnel to determine software engineering needs. Additionally, the WBSD reviews existing software system capabilities to decide what changes can be made within existing systems and when new systems must be added to provide solutions - whichever meets productions need in the timeliest manner and fits within the specific budget.
The Web Software Developer is responsive to our environment’s critical production timelines and is able to analyze bugs/ system glitches, track them to the corrupted code, implement timely repairs, and make recommendations for avoiding similar situations via code/software/system changes and code management procedures.Basic Qualifications :
- 2 years + (or a combination of work experience and advanced education) working in a web based software development environment with a demonstrated competency in delivering advanced software applications and solutions.
- A portfolio of demonstrated web based solutions.
- Must be able to work independently with technical and non-technical staff to determine web based system design, modification and support needs.
- Strong written documentation skills and possess creativity in developing easy-to-use tools and “quick fixes”.
- Must be experienced, understanding a range of development languages / platforms and operating systems:
- Experience working with backend frameworks in Python, PHP, or NodeJS
- Experience working with frontend libraries: React, Vue or Angular
- Experience working in a TDD, BDD or another unit testing driven environment
- Experience developing with Docker
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with databases: MySQL, Redis, etc.
- Experience with version control: Git
- Familiarity with web servers: Apache, Nginx, etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Familiarity with common Software Engineering Design Patterns
- Mobile development experience is a plus but not required
- Experience working with networking environments.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
Required Education :
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.