Are you a freelance developer who excels at both web design and development, particularly in WordPress and front-end design and development?
Buddy Web Design & Development is a growing and entrepreneurial website design and development company headquartered in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area, but with team members working remotely across the US. Buddy has built a portfolio of clients across the country, and is currently seeking a talented and experienced WordPress and front-end designer and developer who would be able to help take on occasional project work as Buddy’s workload grows. This work can be done remotely and part time, according to a schedule of your choosing, provided development milestones are met.
An ideal person for this opportunity will have experience working in a freelance and independent contractor capacity, coupled with expertise in designing and developing exceptional WordPress websites. An ideal candidate will bring high attention to detail and best practices, a high degree of professionalism and integrity, coupled with a comfort in working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment that can have ambiguity at times.
If this sounds interesting to you, please learn more and apply by visiting https://buddywdd.com/careers/, or apply via Indeed. If the latter, please be sure to complete all screening questions -- applications with incomplete responses will not be considered. Thanks!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $60.00 per hour
We work remotely and from home, with flexible schedules.
- This is an independent contractor role with occasional project opportunities, not a full-time salaried role. Is this okay with you?
- Do you do freelance work as your full-time or primary job? If not, how many hours per week do you typically work on freelance projects?
- Please provide a link to your online portfolio, and/or some of the WordPress websites you have designed and developed.
- For full transparency, let's talk money so we can see if we're in the same ballpark : ) A typical project with Buddy might be something like designing and building a basic brochure-style site in WordPress with around 6 pages of content, like a home page, about, services, contact, etc., with text, images, etc., all provided by the client. You will be responsible for designing and building the site, testing, optimizing, and launching it. No need to use PHP, instead you'd likely select and customize a theme, or use a page builder such as Elementor, Divi, etc. Let's assume the client has hosting already with WP Engine, and there's no ongoing maintenance after launch. Just ballpark, what price range would you want to charge Buddy as a subcontractor for something like this? Please provide your best guess for the total cost (i.e. not hourly).
- WordPress design and development: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote