Youth Development Counselor Supervisor @ Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services - Los Angeles, CA
Youth Development Counselor Supervisor
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services is seeking enthusiastic and committed residential Youth Development Counselor Supervisor. The ideal candidate is experienced, dedicated, compassionate and excited about working in a residential setting with teens with severe mental health and substance abuse related issues. We are looking for applicants who are flexible and able to adjust to the evolving nature of residential treatment. Our treatment approach is relationship based, Dialectical Behavior Therapy oriented, culturally sensitive and trauma informed. This is a supervisorial position with some hands-on child care, working with individuals and in groups with teens, ages 12-18 with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. Essential duties include assisting with overseeing the activities of all Youth Development Counselors (Direct Care Staff) in the 24-bed locked Community Treatment Facility as well as with coordinating required trainings for direct care staff, ensuring that regulatory requirements are met and updated as needed. He or She is responsible for providing weekly direct supervision to at least 8 employees and all that this entails including hiring, termination and progressive discipline. Specific tasks are assigned which will provide added strength to the milieu programs and support to cottage and youth development counselor staff. He or She must be able to work independently as needed, especially in emergency situations while at the same time demonstrating a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Trauma Informed / DBT oriented / Relationship based, culturally / LGBTQ sensitive treatment and models / trains in this approach with supervisees.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science required.
- 5 years working in a residential treatment program with adolescents.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must have a good driving record.
Reply Subject: Youth Development Counselor Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- residential treatment program: 5 years (Required)
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- CA Driver's License (Required)