Technician Supervisor @ Animal Dermatology Group, Inc. - Marina del Rey, CA
Post a job for free in Marina del Rey, CA
The Technician Supervisor performs a wide range of difficult to complex activities related to clinics providing quality patient care and excellent client service, management of inventory and accounting, marketing and promotion of services, staffing and personnel operations, and discretionary activities, that serve to support effective business operations. You will serve as a leader and role model to the staff while ensuring that everyone supports our clients and their pets and serve as a good will ambassador for the clinic.. Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to navigate telephone, computer and software systems.
- Ability to take information obtained from a variety of sources, discern that which is credible and assess the clinic and its operation objectively. Possesses sound decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities. Possesses strong time-management skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and effectively present ideas and concepts.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and “people-oriented.”
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Well groomed, organized, and detail oriented.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to handle money accurately and honestly.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Certified or Registered Technician status or equivalent practice experience of at least 5 years.
- Thorough knowledge of the veterinary and/or dermatology profession.
- Authority to set and oversee daily staff assignments and duties within established guidelines.
- Authority to resolve client service issues within established guidelines.
- Authority to delay disputed charges until further reviewed by Practice Manager.
- Effective determination and scheduling of emergencies.
- Dependable attendance is required.
- Any allergies to animals must be controllable through medication.
- Must be able to lift forty (40) pounds.
- Must be willing to work long or irregular hours under pressure conditions.
- This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a minimum eight (8) hour day.
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, give information in person and over the telephone.
- Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing clinic equipment such as electric clippers, syringes, radiology equipment, laboratory equipment, computers, etc.
The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities include overseeing that the following occur within the clinic.
1. Staff Management - Technical Support Staff
2. Patient Management
3. Client Management
4. Office Management
5. Production Management
6. Records Management
7. Financial Management
8. Marketing Management
9. Facility Maintenance
10. Meetings and Communication
Staff Management - Technical Staff:
- Lead and act as subject matter resource for the training, education and development of technical staff in veterinary and dermatology knowledge and skills.
- Lead and train staff in accordance with our core values, mission statement, and vision.
- Assign job responsibility to each staff member, directing traffic in clinic, i.e., patient care, treatments and staff duties on a daily basis.
- Supervise staff to assure that each job is being effectively handled.
- Employee policy enforcement.
- Employee relations, morale building, and communications.
- Monitor employee competence and effectiveness.
- Provide support to management with staff scheduling.
- Provide support to management with hiring, performance evaluation and disciplinary actions of employees.
- Oversee the daily workflow of patient admitting, hospitalization and discharging.
- Responsible for administration, delegation and completion of veterinarian’s medical orders.
- Mentor (work with) technical staff in nursing care, anesthesia, skin tests, surgery, laboratory and pharmacy ensuring that staff is trained and following standards of quality medical care.
- Ensure that all patient medical and surgical records are complete and accurate.
- Perform all duties of a technician with excellence, and work alongside staff to promote a team approach.
- Leads client flow to ensure that clients and patients are seen and treated in a professional, timely and competent manner.
- Assist Practice Manager and/or Management Team with administration/ review of client complaints.
- Oversee compliance with call back system including overdue reminder calls.
- Facilitate receipt of all inventory and supplies, mark invoices and packing slips received and send to Financial Coordinator for payment.
- Facilitate updates for systems and procedures wherever needed to better serve clients, patients, the practice and employees, i.e., modify tasks for the most productive use of time.
- Support the OSHA and Safety program with implementation and enforcement of protocols, as well as documentation, as needed to keep the clinic in safety compliance.
- Motivate technical staff.
- Meet with the Practice Manager and/or management team regularly to discuss, evaluate and plan for the welfare of the practice.
- Perform transaction corrections as needed and directed by Practice Manager and/or management team.
- Monitor workflow for fulfilling prescription refills, ensuring that all transactions are completed at the clinic in a timely manner and antigens/prescriptions are promptly mailed in the correct packaging.
- Ensure that satellite clinic travel bags and records are properly prepared. In addition, ensure that clinic protocols are followed, with the same service expectations.
- Support satellite clinic technology needs, ensuring that proper connectivity is maintained.
- Oversee that records are kept up to date. This includes client records with charges, medical history, vaccine status, medications administered, laboratory reports, etc.
- Maintain clinic logs. This includes anesthesia/surgery and controlled substance logs.
- Maintain system of pulling charts, authorization forms for skin tests, laboratory, surgery, euthanasia, etc., callbacks, client cards and filing in collaboration with the front office and that all technicians are in compliance.
- Monitor technical staff schedules and workflow so the practice operates within budget.
- Monitor usage of hospital supplies and inventory so the practice operates efficiently.
- Review charges of other staff to ensure that all charges have been captured.
- Ensure that the clinic staff follows instructions for implementing authorized discounts in the computer system
- Assist Practice Manager and/or management team with periodic hospital audits and monthly vendor statement reviews.
- Understand, participate and support planned marketing events and programs.
- Ensure that the clinic staff utilizes the marketing tools and materials.
- Ensure that the clinic staff follows instructions for implementing authorized marketing discounts in the computer system.
- Verify that the treatment areas and exam rooms are neat and clean at all times. Ensure that all areas that clients have access to are free from feces, urine, hair, and debris. The areas should be kept free from clutter and smelling fresh.
- Periodically check the outside of the clinic for feces, urine, smells, etc. and keep clean and neat. Also examine glass doors and windows for smudges and clean when necessary.
- Maintain system of janitorial and disinfection responsibilities of technical staff.
- Lead frequent, brief tech meetings to coordinate your team on patient care items, daily workflow, and assignments with the goal of supporting the smooth operation of the practice and providing exceptional patient care.
- Assist the Practice Manager with the planning of monthly clinic meetings for doctors and staff to ensure that all team members are updated on important events, news, and major protocol changes as needed for the success and development of the practice.
- Read and respond to all communication in a timely manner.
- Ensure the ADC policies, guidelines and recommendations are quickly communicated to clinic staff and adequate training follows.