We’re SmartThings, a Samsung-owned company operating independently from offices in Mountain View, CA and Minneapolis, MN, and we’re creating the easiest way for anyone to turn their home into a smart home.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Front End Engineering team. Our team owns a number of services that both our customers and internal employees rely on every day. It is the mission of our team to ensure that those users have the best possible experience every time they use our products. We do this by working constantly to improve the quality of both the final product and the code that drives it.
Our team is US-based and we are happy to embrace remote work. We believe in creating an environment where everyone can be their authentic selves. We believe in inclusive practices and embrace everyone's uniqueness on our team. (Two Positions Available)
- Build web services and applications that are highly available, fault-tolerant, and can be used by millions of IoT devices around the world.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with platform engineers, product, and design to create new features and improve existing functionalities with a focus on quality and our users.
- Work on the project from design and implementation to deployment and maintenance.
- Proactively communicate progress and challenges to manager and team.
- Contribute to key strategic outcomes like reliability, quality, and testability.
- Work with teams across various time zones and geographies.
- Set a professional standard for the company by modeling the SmartThings core values.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Skills we are looking for:
- Experience with React or other frameworks/libraries
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks such as Express, FeathersJS, Next.js
- Experience with source control, deployments, monitoring, and production support
- Ability to commit and deliver results through personal accountability
- Aptitude for continuously learning and growing new skills
- Respectfully discuss and communicate technical and non-technical decisions to improve standards and best practices
What sets you apart:
- Intrinsically motivated and driven by curiosity
- Positive attitude towards others
- Share what you learn and improve those around you
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, Accessibility, Google Analytics
Compensation for this role for a candidate based in Colorado is expected to be between $87,208.00 and $122,091.00 and for a candidate in NYC is expected to be between $108,042.00 and $156,877.00, but may be higher or lower in other States due to geographic differentials in the labor market.
Creating a safer, smarter world with you.
SmartThings brings your home to life by being the leading open platform for the consumer Internet of Things. Bringing together developers, device makers, and service providers to make the world a smarter place. From a door that knows when to lock itself, to a living room that can get the party started or a sink that can help to call a plumber; the opportunities are endless to make everyday objects around us more useful. So if you’re innovative, not afraid to challenge status quo, collaborative and have a passion for technology, then you’ve found your next home with SmartThings!