Retail Assistant Manager (Part Time) @ Skechers - Montebello, CA
Retail Assistant Manager (Part Time)
Post a job for free in Montebello, CA
NOW TRENDING: Careers at SKECHERS.
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at about.skechers.com
Manage the day-to-day operations and personnel of a warehouse outlet store as directed by the store manager and 1st assistant manager. This is a Lead position which delegates daily work assignments as directed by management in the absence of management. Responsible for documenting daily incidents either from customers or employees and give to management to handle. This position is not to confront employees on personnel issues rather to document and notify management. Responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payment, and making change for customers in our retail stores. It is a condition of employment that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked and we may need to increase your hours or to decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sell multiple products to customers, meet and greet, service customers
2. Delegates and oversees tasks directed by store manager to employees.
3. Ensure that Warehouse store visual standards are met at all times by ensuring the proper mix and depth in key SKU’s. Ensures that price-point drivers are in place to drive unit sales and liquidate product (i.e., end caps, floor stacks and hash racks are full and properly maintained to standards).
4. Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
5. Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
6. Answers customer’s questions concerning merchandise.
7. Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
8. Accepts payment and makes change.
9. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
10. Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
11. Calculates sales discount to determine price.
12. Confer with management to ensure that banking deposits are made daily.
13. Assist store manager in the development of all employees by training them in the following: heavy amounts of stock processing, pricing of boxes, filling and stocking floor racks and back-stock racks, store maintenance, product knowledge, product placement, store operations, warehouse merchandising standards, warehouse customer service standards, increasing unit sales and all company policies/procedures.
14. Lead by example and work along-side staff performing work and teaching best practices (i.e., shifting bins and walls of product). Physical work load and manual labor to be performed by management may be heavy (warehouse environment).
15. Assist store manager in exceeding Comp Sales and/or Sales Plan by training and coaching employees to execute operational efficiencies in order to drive-out a high velocity of units via price point. Ensure customer interaction expectations are focused on driving multi-pair sales.
16. Opens and closes store as directed by store management.
17. Ensures that the store is secured at closing (i.e., doors locked, safe locked, alarms are set).
18. All employees are required to use ladders as an essential function of this job, as that is part of the daily duties to maintain the store’s daily operations and in order to service customers. Therefore, dress code and safety policies must be followed. This is also outlined under the PHYSICAL DEMANDS section of the job description.
Create an exciting, motivated, well-trained staff.
May be assigned to other locations based on business needs.
Effective communication and writing skills required.
Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are essential.
Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with constant shifting priorities. Ability to complete assigned work, projects and time-lines as expected within this fast, ever-changing environment.
Assist in creating and maintaining a fun and exciting store environment (IE: plan fun bounce-houses, clowns, face painters, exciting games, etc.).
Assist in performing bi-weekly/monthly in-store inventories.
- Coach, teach and train staff on warehouse store operation and visual standards.
- Present a professional image in appearance, words and action. Demonstrate professionalism and a personable manner which inspires their staff to do the same.
- Train staff on professional image in appearance and conduct.
- Build positive team relations, demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Maintain all safety guidelines.
- Manage all supervisory functions pertaining to warehouse store operating procedures and operations guidelines.
Engages our customer the first time and every time... Greets, meets and gets to know our customers as much or as little as warranted and makes sure they have a great experience whether they stop in for 2 minutes or 2 hours. Sells our incredible products and their features and benefits by recommending footwear and accessories that meet and exceed our customers' wants and needs.
Treats our shoes and accessories with love, making sure the floor is always full, priced correctly, displayed to company standards, with right signage and beautifully presented. Refuses to accept anything less than a clean, pretty store. Works urgently to process shipment or transfers within deadlines so our customers never miss that perfect pair. Proudly serves as a brand ambassador for Skechers, sharing their extensive product knowledge everyday.
Loves being part of the team and treats every co-worker with respect, positivity and camaraderie. Ensures the team's positive energy and enthusiasm is shared with every customer everyday.
Recovers, fills, stocks, cleans and shifts - never stops moving and ensuring our floor inventory and store look top-notch. Follows policy & procure as well as best practices without exception to ensure a healthy, stable and profitable store. When working the cash wrap, always delivers accuracy and integrity when conducting any customer transaction.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
Something about retail speaks to you! Like the host of a great party, you love welcoming customers everyday and going above & beyond to ensure they leave happy. You find standing around terribly boring, so you use your hustle to knock-out your task list ahead of time, every time to make sure your store and sales floor is full, ready to shop and looks award-winning! As you work alongside your team and customers, you bring so much positive energy and fun but also never lose focus and always ensure your work is accurate and dependable. Your previous retail/customer service experience has taught you a lot, but you always want to learn more and welcome your leaders’ positive feedback and coaching.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.