The American Society of Transplantation, AST, is searching for a highly organized and skilled candidate to join our AST team as the Marketing and Development Coordinator.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Marketing and Development coordinator performs a variety of tasks to provide administrative and operational support within a team. This position will assist in an administrative role in planning, implementation, and tracking of fundraising activities that have a beginning, end, and specified deliverables. This position will work directly with the AST’s Director of Communications and Marketing in a collaborative effort to advance our mission through digital marketing campaigns.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a role model for organization values
- Monitor and present relevant data (including financial and demographic) to the senior staff to support the decision-making process
- Work to proactively identify cutting edge trends related to exceptional professional experiences for the AST members
- Support strategic planning process for assigned AST programs
- Responsible for the execution and enforcement of AST’s documented processes and procedures
- Attend association-related events, serving as an ambassador for AST, identifying opportunities for new services, documenting new learnings, and sharing with other staff
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Chief Development Officer with Industry related activities to include and not limited to invoicing and tracking the Corporate Affiliate Program, meeting sponsorships and grant funding letters of agreement, minutes for development meetings, and any ad hoc project as required
- Assisting Chief Development Officer with the research of business development opportunities (i.e. grants and fundraising opportunities)
- Calendar management and direct schedule management for the Chief Development Officer
- Scheduling all corporate supporter meetings as directed by the Chief Development Officer
- Travel management for Senior Staff, and Development Chair
- Preparing and collating agenda materials for development meetings as requested
- Providing administrative support to the executive officer, development officer, and other staff members as needed
- Providing marketing support for regional and national campaigns and other marketing projects
- Providing digital marketing support in areas including web, social media, email, and SEO
- Updating development-related language on AST webpages
- Researching social media influencers in the field
- Researching and assist with media and PR opportunities
- Assisting with additional projects as requested
MEASUREMENT OF SUCCESS
Successfully execute projects as follows:
- Successfully meets deadlines
- Proactively alerts Supervisors to challenges or concerns related to the delivery of service
- Proactively suggests solutions to challenges encountered
- Effectively self-reviews work product and produced limited errors
- Pays attention to detail
- Feedback from AST colleagues and membership is positive
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/REQUIRED PROFICIENCIES
- Associates degree with a minimum of 1-3 years related association management, administrative, or marketing experience accepted
The ideal candidate will present other important qualifications and competencies such as:
- Communication - Exceptional verbal and written skills are required.
- Project Management - Strong project management skills with the ability to concurrently manage multiple work streams and overlapping deadlines is required. Attention to detail is critical to this role.
- Collaboration - Collaboration across a broad range of staff, volunteers, and partners will be critical in the cultivation of corporate and foundation relationships
- Creativity – Coming up with creative ways for engagement with fundraising and marketing opportunities
- Technical Skills -- Basic knowledge of HTML, email marketing software, and social media platforms preferred and be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint.
- Diplomacy — Fundraising is a delicate path of relationship building — candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to protocols.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and 401K that includes an employer match
- Flexible work schedules/Telecommuting/Early Out Friday's during the summer months
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Professional Organization Membership
- Health Club Monthly Reimbursement
In order to be considered for this position, an online application must be submitted, along with an updated resume. All applicable fields on the application are required, including full employment and salary history.
AST is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ethnicity, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy), family status, marital/civil union status, religion, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, and mental or physical disability (including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status), language, national origin, political affiliation, socio-economic status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Founded in 1982, the American Society of Transplantation (AST) is an organization of more than 3,300 professionals dedicated to advancing the field of transplantation and improving patient care by promoting research, education, advocacy, and organ donation. The society is the largest transplant organization in North America and is recognized as the premier society for transplantation. AST members are sought out as transplant experts and advocates. Other transplant organizations, policymakers, regulatory agencies, payors, academic institutions, and the general public look to the AST for guidance, research, and resources related to transplantation.
The American Society of Transplantation is an organization of professionals dedicated to advancing the field of transplantation and improving patient care by promoting research, education, advocacy, and organ donation.
Improving human life by advancing the field of transplantation
The principles that guide the AST’s internal conduct and its relationship with the external world.
- Inclusive and responsive
- Global perspective
- Absolute integrity
- Knowledge sharing
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Hybrid remote schedule available, frequent sanitation, mask wearing while not seated at desk.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Laurel, NJ 08054: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Required)