Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business
and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business
strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark
change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management
, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business
-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology
platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business
models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative
, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology
expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group's existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design
, a Pittsburgh-based digital design
and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology
. We support our clients' total digital transformation through technology
, cybersecurity, and risk management
& financial engineering
capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion's interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business
platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
Hello, we are BCG Platinion.
We are a rapidly growing global division of Boston Consulting Group made up of of engineers, designers, product owners, and technology strategists. We make state of the art products for clients looking to transform in the digital space. We bring hands-on experience, deep industry knowledge, and collaborative teams to our clients to address their most critical challenges and implement key initiatives.
Join us if you:
Work iteratively in collaborative teams.
- You are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity—and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail. You have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will all challenge and support each other.
Thrive and lead in a world of constant ambiguity.
- At BCG Platinion, we are looking for Software Engineers to do the development and implementation of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for clients looking to transform in the digital space. Our ideal candidates will have a combination of consulting experience and core engineering experience within web applications, mobile optimized solutions, some data analytics experience, and cloud to create beautiful, state of the art products for our clients.
Software Engineers at BCG Platinion are:
- Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity—and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
- Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will all challenge and support each other.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
In your role as a Software Engineer at BCG Platinion, you will:
- Build technology products and systems at varying levels of fidelity and scale from lightweight mock-ups to MVPs.
- Demonstrate technical skill and/or content knowledge in a discipline or field. Use state-of-the-art methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Provide a high level of quality on all work performed.
- Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
Successful Software Engineers at BCG Platinion Possess:
- Professional software development experience
- A bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working in teams utilizing Agile development methods and tools
- The ability to perform work within budget allotted.
- Knowledge of when to proactively seek help and learn from critique/failures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"
Additional Desired Competencies:
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Scripting and object-oriented languages, e.g. Java, Python, and C#
- Web services and message formats such as JSON, XML
- Cloud platforms sucha as AWS and Azure as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Mobile languages and frameworks such as Objective-C, ReactNative, and Java
- Relational and noSQL databases
- Emerging technology like AR/VR, IIoT, AI, Blockchain.
- Data science and visualization applications such as Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, d3.j
What to include on your resume:
- A link to your portfolio/Git repository that demonstrates your affinity for software engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges
- New York, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Dallas, TX, Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Washington DC; Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business
and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law