ACCOUNTING SERVICES STAFF ACCOUNTANT - REMOTE/HYBRID/ON-SITE FLEXIBILITY (Servicing the Naperville, IL area clients)
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com
is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference. Watch this video
to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
If you have a strong financial acumen and attention to detail, then this accounting job may be the perfect fit for you. From bookkeeping to quarterly/yearly financials, Sikich’s accounting professionals are skilled in all areas of financial planning. Professionals in this field possess excellent communication skills and are comfortable providing strategic and tactical accounting advice and recommendations to firm clients. Additionally, our accounting departments share projects and resources across offices through our cloud-based solutions that allow us to collaborate globally. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Utilizes knowledge of accounting principles to properly record payroll, A/P, A/R and fixed assets
- Consult with clients on various internal accounting related transactions
- Assist with payroll processing for multiple clients
- Work with a variety of clients on a range of outsourced accounting projects
- Reviews and analyzes accounting data for purposes of preparing statements and reports
- Service multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction
- Possesses knowledge in the application of accounting principles and may handle complex tasks
- Build strong credibility through displaying positive insight and business acumen, applying technical competence and engaging in relevant discussions with clients and engagement teams
- Deliver exceptional client support virtually and onsite as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years accounting experience working with accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, reconciliations, financial statements, etc.
- 1+ years of public accounting, consulting, and professional services or outsourced accounting firm experience
- Experience with accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage, etc.) and Microsoft products
Our employees enjoy expansive benefit offerings, ranging from wellness programs to our flexible time off policy. Sikich prioritizes our employees’ personal welfare; making sure our staff’s health, family time and well-being are not compromised in order to further their career.
Our flexible time off policy encourages every full-time employee to take off at least four weeks for personal, vacation or sick leave. This benefit is activated as soon as you start with the firm.
We observe firm-wide office closure during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
We provide a wellness program to engage, challenge and empower you to take responsibility for your own well-being. Activities can be tracked through our wellness provider to obtain gift cards or other rewards. We also offer
Visit our Glassdoor profile to learn more
- Health, dental, vision, life and accident/death/disability insurance options
- HSA employer contribution
- 9 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work arrangements
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of your child or the placement of an adopted child within your home
- 3 weeks of paid paternity leave for fathers for the birth of their child
- 401(k) with employer contributions
- CPA bonus with 4 paid exam days & 4 paid study days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Client referral bonus program
- Pet insurance
- FORCE – our community volunteer program (each employee may use up to 4 hours of paid time annually to volunteer and make a difference in their local communities)
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V