- Available online portfolio
- 2+ years of experience as a front-end technologist, engineer, or UX prototyper.
- Coding samples in front end programming languages
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite applications including Media Encoder, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Understanding of WCAG AA standards and accessibility fluency
- Experience using Sketch to translate designs to websites
- Experience using AWS in production environments
- Understanding of performance and how to mitigate latency issues
*Role can sit in NYC or LA* HIRING SENIOR AND MID-LEVEL POSITIONS
Brand Innovation Lab is Amazon
’s custom development and prototyping team for advertisers and agencies. We focus on the conception, prototyping and execution of branded custom experiences across Amazon
As a member of the Brand Innovation Lab Endemic Design Technology
team you will split your time between execution and strategy. You will be contributing to the definition of new ad products, pre-sales
prototypes and custom campaign execution, all while working directly with Designers, Product
Managers, Engineers and Account teams.
You will have comprehensive understanding of the current state (and future) of web technology
with a critical awareness of implications on user-centered design
both on the client and server, building your own libraries and creating task automation to speed up development.
You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented
, comfortable working on highly technical teams and are skilled in using data and insights to make decisions. You are a leader in the never-ending process of improving your team standards, writing documentation and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high-level of autonomy. You can translate business
requirements into bar raising customer experiences by thinking first from a customer’s perspective and setting relentlessly high standards for yourself and your team.
You are equally passionate about design
and development. You have strong front-end
proficiency, be a creative problem solver at the core and have a keen eye for world class functional design
. You will bring disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create, and deliver branded shopping experiences for millions of customers worldwide and work across desktop, mobile, Fire tablet, Fire TV, Alexa, Out of Home and emerging devices.
Here are some things that we’re looking for:
- Proven web development experience across multiple devices, web-views and browsers
- Proven ability to simplify complex problems into intuitive and elegant experiences
- Ability to deliver functional prototypes on new devices
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Ability to participate in the full lifecycle of design and development - including ideation, prototyping, development, backwards compatibility, fail-overs, validation, and user-testing
Please include your online portfolio and process examples in your application.
Key job responsibilities
- Owning the end-to-end development process and deliverables from a design and technical perspective
- Providing design and leadership by working closely with business teams to develop campaign strategy, use cases, and technical requirements
- Presenting work to peers, product teams and executive leadership
- Providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to your immediate and extended team
- Partnering with program and product managers to appropriately identify and assess features for future product offerings
· Familiar with creative ideation and brainstorm sessions with internal and external partners · Familiarity with Figma
· Familiarity with Android
development · Familiarity with Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Alexa, Voice Design
· BS/MS in computer science
, or equivalent professional experience Amazon
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran
status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon
.jobs/en/disability/us. Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business
must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.