Overview:How you move is why we’re here. ®Now more than ever.
Get back to what you need and love to do.
The possibilities are endless...
Now more than ever, our guiding principles are helping us in our search for exceptional talent - candidates who align with our unique workplace culture and who want to maximize
the abundant opportunities for growth and success.
If this describes you then let’s talk!
HSS is consistently among the top-ranked hospitals for orthopedics and rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report
. As a recipient of the Magnet
Award for Nursing Excellence, HSS was the first hospital in New York City to receive the distinguished designation. Whether you are early in your career or an expert in your field, you will find HSS an innovative, supportive and inclusive environment.
Working with colleagues who love what they do and are deeply committed to our Mission, you too can be part of our transformation across the enterprise.
HSS is taking new steps to provide best-in-class digital care offerings to its patients. As we embark on this undertaking, we are looking for a DevOps Lead to help design and implement tools and processes for in-house development. The DevOps Lead will be responsible for configuring and supporting the software needed for in-house product development (version control, CI/CD, application monitoring, and logging). The DevOps Lead will have a strong knowledge of software development and design, Agile methodology, DevOps tools and processes, and will have experience developing business‐critical applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establishes and oversees a DevOps environment (including both tools and processes) focused on automation and collaboration to facilitate product release management.
- Documents designs, issues, solutions, tips & tricks as needed.
- Fosters a cross-functional, team approach to software development and delivery.
- Monitor and project server + support costs.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful product delivery.
- Oversee the design, development, and unit testing of applications.
- Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise.
- Support release packaging and deployment.
- Collaborate with integration engineering team to develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products. Maintain contracts with vendors.
- Provision new users across DevOps systems.
Skills and Experience - Required
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years minimum of senior-level experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience maintaining a DevOps environment
- Proficient in Java or equivalent OO language such as .Net, C++, etc. Minimum 5 years.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments (Git preferred).
- Experience with test driven development.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling, and optimization.
Skills and Experience – Preferred
- Experience standing up a DevOps environment at enterprise scale
- Experience with GitHub, CircleCI, SonarCloud, Splunk, DataDog, and/or Raygun Proficient in RAML.
- Proficient in HL7.
- Experience with Cloud Computing, especially AWS and serverless architecture using Lambda.
- Experience with MuleSoft.
- Experience working with healthcare software, specifically Epic.
- Experience with SalesForce.
- Experience with containers, specifically dockers / Kubernetes.
- Experience with mobile app development and web development.
Other Requirements: #LI-AG1