- Experience with object-oriented design
- BS in Computer Science and/or 5+ years of relevant tech experience
- Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
- Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and/or functional programming.
Frontend Engineer - Scaled Multi Channel Advertising – Sponsored Display
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant display ads on key placements across our Retail website (e.g. amazon.com), Retail Mobile Shopping Apps, Devices (e.g. Kindle, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Echo, etc), Third Party websites (e.g. nytimes.com) and Third Party Mobile Apps. The Multi-Channel Advertising team is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Amazon’s ad solutions, by providing self-service display advertising capabilities to 200K+ supplier-brands (vendors and seller-brands). This is a chance to be in on a huge opportunity as we put an Amazon twist into online advertising. The team is responsible for several backend services that will power the overall advertising experience and integrations. This includes working on a greenfield project and building low latency and highly available distributed services, scaling systems as we onboard new users, building APIs for programmatic integrations.
We’re looking for experienced, motivated frontend engineers with a proven track record of building web applications and services. You’ll be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable systems that will be used by internal and external enterprise customers to build, manage and serve beautiful, innovative ads. You’ll work with customers to scope, design, implement, test and launch new features. You enjoy innovation, simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges. Sound like a good fit?
Here are some things that we'd prefer to see, though none is independently a requirement:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building highly scalable websites and working with web frameworks
- Knowledge of mobile technologies and / or responsive web design.
- Deep understanding of OOP concepts, algorithms and data structures.
- Able to write clean, maintainable automation with maximum longevity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.