Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the quality of the codebase. Makes decisions affecting architecture of the test codebase including which software to use for writing test code. Focuses on writing code that will be executed in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and maintains code that validates front-end, middleware and database systems, using the latest tools and common programming languages. Provides input into various software development lifecycle stages. Partners with software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding standards and best practices. Executes automated code and creates comprehensive execution reports for team. Repairs complex broken automation scripts and performs peer reviews of automation codebase. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Software Development Engineer in Test to join the Content Data Services team. This team develops the core metadata platforms that powers X1, XClass, Flex, Peacock, SkyGlass, and more. As a test engineer of our team, you will develop, execute and maintain functional, regression, data monitoring, and performance tests. You will help deliver high-quality products to customers.
You’re a great fit if you are passionate about automated software testing, have a strong understanding of web services and APIs, love to own your projects, and are a team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Write automated test code, using the same standards as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software, maintaining automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). May include creating simple SQL queries for validation of databases and / or writing SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- Create automated testing documentation, including Test Plans, Test Summary Reports etc.
- Implement automated test scripts and manual tests on each build, presents results to team.
- Develop automated scripts for functional, system performance and data flows checks.
- Coordinate build deploys in QA and production environments.
- Help with triaging production and integration issues.
- Optimally communicate ideas, concepts, and priorities to both team members and leadership.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Stakeholders, and Engineers to define technical test solutions and improve customer experience.
- Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases. Diagnose and repair simple bugs within production code.
- Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficiency with Java and/or another coding language
- Proficiency with Web Services, REST API testing
- Familiarity with Integration test frameworks (example – TestNG)
- Experience in using CI/CD tools (Maven, Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with messaging solutions such as Kafka, SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ
- System monitoring tools knowledge (Grafana, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Database knowledge (SQL and/or No SQL). Familiarity with data models and data analysis
- Unix, Linux or Mac background
- Familiarity with current trends and technologies for software automation
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights!
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.