iOS Software Development Engineer
ComiXology revolutionized the comic book and graphic novel industry by delivering a cloud-based digital comics platform that makes discovering, buying, and reading comics more easy and fun than ever before.
We are looking for an iOS Software Development Engineer to help build the next generation of our comics app experience. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the future of ComiXology on the iOS platform. Your responsibilities will include helping define the future architecture of our platform, implementing clean and efficient code, providing technical and product support, and mentoring and guiding other developers. Your efforts will directly impact our millions of users who rave about our products as much as we do.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the product management, design and our leadership team to define roadmap and development plans
- Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for the iOS development team
- Resolve daily engineering challenges with your creative problem solving skills
- Implement the clean and efficient code that powers our iOS applications
- Mentor and contribute knowledge to the rest of the team and the organization
To be successful and have fun in this role:
- Be customer-obsessed, empathetic, and understand how your technical work affects the customer experience
- Be a great collaborator and build great working relationships - including with other functional groups such as product managers and designers
- Be right a lot about technical trade offs and how to best communicate them to stakeholders
- Be great at balancing solving for now with building for the long term
- Have designed and developed a complete iOS app from top to bottom.
- Expert knowledge of Xcode and the iOS build chain
- Have worked with OpenGL or the NDK and high performance graphics code
- Experience with the automation and build scripting
- Web Services experience as it relates to mobile apps
- You have some experience developing for other mobile platforms (Android, Windows Phone, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
ComiXology, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary, is a revolutionary, cloud-based digital comics service. With content from over 125 publishers as well as thousands of independent creators from around the world, comiXology provides an unrivaled library of comic books, graphic novels, manga and bandes dessinées. The company’s first-in-class innovations include the exclusive Guided View technology which provides an immersive and cinematic reading experience and a monthly subscription service. ComiXology is based in New York City, with operations in Seattle and Los Angeles..
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.