- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
- Demonstrated experience in framework design and development
Job summary The Amazon Advertising engineering team has an opportunity to be part of something big! Working on advertising for Amazon.com, Kindle Special Offers, and Amazon Mobile Ads, the Ad Product Tools team provides critical tools that streamline ad delivery to millions of Amazon customers. CCS Engineering team is looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help us build solutions to our platforms across web for custom applications. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be designing and developing automated solutions that help guarantee the software quality across a wide range of devices and web. You will be working on tools and infrastructure challenges involving big data and large scale back-end web services, all with the goal of delivering seamless experience to the customer. A successful candidate will have an interest in developing automated solutions for consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
- Strong knowledge of software development methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDE role
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Coding experience with frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.