At Parabola, we are solving hard and unique engineering challenges as we architect the visual programming language for the world. From an engineering mindset, Parabola is a programming language, IDE, deployment process, serverless compute environment, and cron job all bundled into one approachable drag-and-drop tool. To make this work, we've had to build out a solid foundation. Yet, we’re still early. As we continue to grow, there are many more product, infrastructure, logic, and design challenges to solve.
If you’re excited by solving these types of challenges and want to have a massive impact on team and technology, we want to talk to you!
A great week would be...
– Shipping a new feature to our React app that enables Parabola flows to be embedded anywhere across the web.
– Presenting a lunch & learn to the team on a new testing utility you created that makes writing tests faster for the rest of the team.
– Reviewing a product design spec, asking clarifying questions, and giving feedback on product and potential tech risks or areas of high implementation costs.
– Collaborating with another engineer on a tech plan for the first iteration of the product design spec.
– Writing code with React, TypeScript, NodeJS, or Python.
– Tinkering with AWS Cloudwatch to ensure we’re correctly tracking a metric that shows the improving stability of Parabola’s flow calculation system.
– Pairing with another engineer on a some improvements they left on one of your PRs.
- Experience: You have 4+ years of experience in a team-based, production engineering environment.
- Architect: You have designed and built systems from the ground up and have laid out plans and the steps to implement.
- Leader: You are interested in becoming a leader within the company in all aspects—from team to code initiatives to architecture.
- Tinkerer: You love solving problems and are persistent at pushing the team, technology, and infrastructure in the right direction through incremental improvements.
- Can do: Your default is to figure out how to solve a problem, not why it can’t be done.
- Communicator: Your communication skills are top-notch. From high-level customer needs to in-the-weeds architecture, you clearly communicate across all disciplines.
- Team Player: You are collaborative and firmly believe that with everyone working towards a common goal, we’ll get there faster and with a better end result.
- You are you: You are unique. You bring something great and uniquely awesome to the team. You are proud of who you are.
Our tech stack
Parabola engineers currently work with the following technologies/languages:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, Elasticcache, Lambda, Redshift)
We believe in using the best technology available for the job and we trust our engineers to make those decisions. Having experience in all of the above technologies is not required, but if you do that can certainly be a plus.
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Custom desk setup w/ equipment of your choice
- Flexible work & generous vacation policy
- Lunch and team meals 5x per week
- Monthly team events (past events include cooking classes, mini golf, bowling, and more)
- Team led lunch & learns (past lunch & learn topics include TypeScript, loose leaf tea, and more)
- Dog-friendly office