At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses - small, medium or large - thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own. About Workplace
Businesses across the globe are being challenged to adapt to shifting employee attitudes and preferences for hybrid work environments — part remote, part in-office. With this shift, companies are coming to us not just seeking space, but also the tools and solutions to bring their employees back to work safely and efficiently. What You’ll achieve
We are seeking engineers and leaders excited to build software experiences that help companies manage their employees’ workplace experiences and help employees successfully navigate and collaborate in hybrid or distributed working environments. You will partner with product, design, data, and research to build new software experiences that will be used by enterprise employees and companies around the world. This is an exciting opportunity for technologists with a love for map-based experiences, machine learning, and data visualization to break new ground on solving problems that are becoming increasingly relevant on a global scale. Skills You'll Need to Bring
Nice to Haves:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or equivalent practical experience and 3+ years of experience building full stack applications and/or backend systems
- Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle
- Strong problem solving skills, thinking outside the box and dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value.
- Demonstrated architecture skills at a multi-system level and writing scalable, efficient, and clean code.
- Preferred experience with REST and Graphql Apis, Postgres, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Docker, and Git
- Preferred experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- As excited to write tests and docs as you are to write readable and efficient code
- Comfortable working with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, and non-technical executive stakeholders
- Flexible attitude and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and business needs
- Eager to dive in and contribute to long-lived systems and improve them for the sake of our members and for your fellow engineers, without getting stuck on ensuring perfection
- Eager to align correlated systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation.
- Enjoy working in an Agile development environment and taking initiatives in improving systems for the sake of your teammates and our users.
Life At WeWork
- You have worked at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You've managed teams that are partially (or entirely) remote.
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork - like a growing number of employers - is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work - currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams - will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.