- 5+ years of experience in a technical position (solutions architect, software engineer, technical consultant, or related).
- Technical degree (computer science, math, or equivalent) or related technical experience.
- Experience working in a customer-facing and/or public-speaking position
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 30% travel requirement
AWS Private Equity (PE) Senior Solution Architects partner with PE firms, M&A advisors, and acquired portfolio companies to accelerate growth and innovation using AWS cloud technology.
As a Senior PE Solutions Architect, you'll leverage cloud-native architecture (microservices, serverless, containers), migration patterns, application development, security, operations (agile, Devops, CI/CD) and cloud best practices to architect solutions that achieve business outcomes.
Scoping each customer engagement to establish well-defined objectives and success criteria, you’ll discover strategic opportunities for lasting AWS engagements and comfortably evangelize the cloud computing value proposition to key stakeholders. You’ll develop cost-optimization pricing models that further earn trust and develop technical resources that shepherd successful AWS adoption.
You will speak at conferences or workshops, continuously learn new AWS technologies, and stay apprised of reference architectures to support customer education. You will provide technical support to portfolio executives during platform and roadmaps briefings, and Solution Architect office hours.
We are considering applicants based from any AWS hub in North America. New York, Washington DC Area, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Seattle, and San Francisco Bay Area preferred.
- Experience with IT integrations or technology strategy for deal flow in the private equity, M&A, investment banking, or hedge fund community
- Experience presenting at conferences, public forums, or related public events
- Hands-on engineering or operating experience with cloud infrastructure, migrations, security, networking, server, and/or Java application development.
- Masters in Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.