Citi’s FXLM technology group supports the front office technology operations of one of the world’s largest capital market businesses. Our talented technology group is looking for a hands-on Team lead . The Team lead will be responsible for the design, development and architecture of all the activities related to assigned product. Develop solutions to complex problems requiring innovation and creativity. Citi Velocity is a best in-class, state of the art, proprietary ecommerce platform. It deploys cutting edge technology and innovation to offer a slick, dynamic and rich end user experience. By leveraging Citi’s global footprint with world-class innovation, we are giving our clients unprecedented access to our capital markets intelligence, multi-asset real-time execution and post-trade service.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter with excellent development & communication skills to drive the next generation of GUI applications for the global FXLM business.
- Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Builds software applications - Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Assists in defining software architectures - Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, learns the application's capabilities.
- Consults with Senior Developers and other project team managers to design, build and manage web sites and applications.
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Desired Profile :
- Min. 10-12 years in enterprise web development experience
- Experience with AngularJS / ReactJS is good to have
- Strong knowledge of HTML 5 and web fundamentals (CSS, HTTP, security, performance, etc.)
- Deep understanding of browser HTML5 capabilities across versions and devices.
- Familiarity with key technology concepts such as MVVM and MVC
- Strong knowledge of Java and/or .NET is an asset
- Multithreaded Programming
- Solid understanding of OO principles
- Experience working in a finance technology team
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with modern software development practices (test-driven development, Agile continuous integration)
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving
- Experience refactoring code, evolving architectures, and Unit Testing
- Nice to have: FIX protocol, Socket’s API, middleware’s such as Tibco EMS, Tibco RV
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
- Experience as Applications Development Manager
- Experience as senior level in an Applications Development role
- Stakeholder and people management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven project management skills
- Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting