As a senior front-end engineer, you will develop web experiences—for a wide variety of well-known brands—that run the range from large scale e-commerce front-ends to slick data-driven visualizations. You’ll take lead-from-the-trenches approach to projects, mentoring junior developers, doing pull request reviews, and setting up front-end tooling and CI. All while coding some of the most complex stories yourself, and serving as a constant advocate for code quality and user experience.
Code the most complex pieces of the application. Whether it’s a dynamic visualization, a tricky 3rd party integration, or a crazy animation sequence, you’re up for the challenge and you’ll take pride in the finished product.
Test your code, and help ensure that the right code is being tested across your project. You also help make sure that integration tests are running, and that everyone on the team tests before they push code (either manually or as part of a pre-commit hook).
Model the behavior and practices that you want to see in the organization. Want to follow TDD? Do it, and demonstrate the results to your team and clients. Itching to adopt a new tool or framework? Try it out and show the value.
Estimate or point your own work, and be able to sanity check estimations from more junior developers to make sure that they’re setting themselves up for success
Share your learnings and experiences with your team, your local community, and Publicis Sapient globally through Lunch and Learns, knowledge sharing webinars, and blog posts.
- Familiarity with concepts related to data flow and component driven architectures. Strong practical experience based on React framework.
- Experience using CSS grids and building responsive websites with scalability in mind
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring junior developers
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development
- Awareness of TCP/IP networking considerations, ability to optimize applications for a variety of device capabilities and network conditions
- Solid understanding of browser rendering, and ability to fine-tune an experience
- Ability to cut necessary visual assets from PhotoShop and/or Sketch files, and optimize them appropriately
- Experience working with large branded websites, content management systems, E-commerce platforms, and backend frameworks (Java, .NET) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in interactive development or computer science is a plus