What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Purpose and Objective:
SAP Labs, LLC. seeks a Principal Engineer for the Innovation Center at our Palo Alto / Newport Beach CA location responsible for the development, focusing on design, coding, testing, and quality assurance of complex software and technology innovation in a development team. Expectations and Tasks:
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
- Act as a technical lead developer (full stack) for innovative applications and prototypes in an agile team setup.
- Lead customer co-innovation projects.
- Mentor and coach junior developers. Self-starter with a growth mindset.
- Passion for innovation with emerging technologies.
- Build prototypes moving them to early-stage product phases based on cutting-edge technologies and topics in areas such as AR/VR, Metaverse, Blockchain, Self-sovereign Identity, Data Security & Privacy, and ML/AI.
- Explore and experiment with a large variety of innovative solutions and technologies to assess their desirability, feasibility and viability in a business context.
- Work on complex systems and integrate with SAP solutions.
- Show initiative and drive topics to resolution in a high level of quality, speed, reliability, and efficiency.
- Resolve complex issues within the area of expertise, as well as support others in resolving issues.
- Define deliverables and provide advice and recommendations on solutions that may affect future design decisions.
- Shows technical, business and/or methodological leadership.
- Constantly improve work methods and engineering skills in the team and beyond to establish state-of-the-art agile software engineering practices.
- Enhance skills beyond own core functional focus and work on other tasks for the benefit of the team.
- Easily move into new topics. Fast learner
- Analyze industry trends.
- Act as a SCRUM Master and be responsible for ensuring that Scrum is understood and put into practice properly.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field of study and 7 years of experience, or Master's degree and 5 years of experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English (fully proficient).
- Excellent project management skills.
Experience must involve 5 years in the following:
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:296152 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA