At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery folks, and eaters on our platform to get moving in more than 920+ cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have curiosity, passion, and a collaborative spirit, work with us, then let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Team
The Uber Transit Team’s mission is to tightly integrate public transit into the Uber experience. We are just getting started but have already demonstrated some significant results. We have integrations with transit agencies all over the world providing a multitude of products from first mile/last mile, paratransit to On Demand Public Transportation partnerships.
In addition to these integrations we also provide transit directions within the Uber App, enable riders to purchase transit tickets with Uber and are even beginning to explore multimodal experiences that enable a rider to get from point A to point B through a multi-leg trip involving an Uber (X, Pool, Bike, Scooter, etc) and a public transportation vehicle.
This is one of the fastest growing teams within Uber which enables us to consider new customers and explore higher margin revenue streams. We are a highly impactful team with visibility from the top - up to and including Uber’s CEO Dara Khosrowshahi. The sky's the limit.
As a Frontend Engineer you’ll leverage modern web technologies to produce delightful UXs for transit agencies throughout the world. You’ll build sophisticated interfaces that enable agencies to better plan and operate their transit systems. You’ll build consumer facing products that help make Uber more accessible to a broader portion of the global population.
What You'll Do
- Work in a web mono repo leveraging technologies such as: GraphQL, Kepler-gl, React, etc
- Contribute compelling features that enable use cases fare beyond the transit team’s charter
- Collaborate with the broader technology team, including Product, Data Science, Design, UX Research, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product Operations, and Marketing to bring your ideas to life
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers or new engineers joining the Transit team
- Build and maintain experiences all the way to full rollout
- 2+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to leverage lean methodologies to determine the product-market fit for new products
- Experience partnering with product, design and proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences
- We love React - so knowledge there is a plus
- 2+ years experience working within large technology organizations
- 2+ years experience working within a fast growing startup