Your skills will shape our future
IT drives our business at Western Asset. From trading and settlement systems to compliance and risk management, every aspect of fixed-income investment management is touched by technology. That puts your software engineering center stage. Working as part of an agile team with an entrepreneurial approach, you’ll collaborate with specialists across the business to develop best-in-class systems.
- Develop, support and maintain global corporate websites, including client portal and custom web applications
- Work as an integral team member to develop and implement redesign of the global corporate websites
- Collaborate with the team, product owner and product analyst to independently develop, document, test and implement systems
- Support and enhance existing systems, including providing direct technical support for the business
- Review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development and deployment process.
- Adopt and implement best practices, and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile, DevOps and CI/CD principles.
Advance applications development
Push forward your career as you push forward our applications development. We’re looking for adaptable people who combine a passion for technology with skills in communication, problem-solving and teamwork. Experience in finance is welcome but not essential as we’ll provide all the training you need. Above all, you need an entrepreneurial, can-do approach, a drive to keep learning and a fascination with finding out what technology can do for our future business. It’s about your future too: whether your interests lie in technical specialization or leadership, we have a career path to suit you.
- Experience in software engineering, testing and delivery of enterprise applications
- Expertise in database skills (Oracle, SQL)
- Familiar with developing rest API, with nodeJS, Java, and/or . net
- Experience in Web Technologies (IIS, XML, AJAX, etc.)
- Experience in ColdFusion development (ColdFusion 2018) preferred
- Hands-on experience with modern configuration management and build tools (GitHub, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Containers and Virtualization technologies (Docker, VM)
- Knowledge of and experience in following best practices and industry standards, in web development, UX/UI, responsive design and secure coding practices
- Experience in developing, supporting and maintaining multi-regional / multi-language websites
- Experience using Web Content Management systems – OpenText Teamsite preferred
- Experience in Test driven development or Unit Testing preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in Agile methodologies and eagerness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least three years’ of related work experience, five years or more preferred
At Western Asset we’re saying hello to the future. Committed to being the leading fixed-income investment management firm in the world, we’re investing in new technologies, methodologies and markets. We’re also investing in our people. Our business is guided by a belief in doing the right thing: that if we treat our clients and colleagues with fairness and respect, success will follow. We’re building on our reputation and resources with an entrepreneurial approach that drives innovation. Every day is an opportunity for us to get better by making the most of the possibilities that our people and ideas can bring.