THIS JOB IS UNDER REVIEW BY TOTAL COMPENSATION AND AS A RESULT THE FLSA STATUS MAY CHANGE. Provides high quality and cost effective project management, management consulting, and analytic support services or technical expertise. Has sole responsibility for large complex analytical projects.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, and/or provides technical leadership to high visibility projects to identify and resolve issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Interfaces regularly with senior management to produce timely and valuable results.
- Sets the strategic direction of projects.
- Determines goals and priorities with management team sponsors.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resources.
- Develops proposals for clients outlining proposed project structure, approach and work plan.
- Provides staff leadership to project teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants when needed.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis.
- Participates significantly in interpreting analysis and developing action plans accordingly.
- Produces or oversees development of written materials for senior executives and other key clients.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Assists, as needed, in planning and coordinating with other ongoing teams and projects to maximize effectiveness.
- Participates in the development and management of the department, including coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts, and other departmental activities.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in one of the technical areas required OR a minimum one (1) year of experience in one of the technical areas required AND completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, RegistrationAdditional Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operations of KP, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsible technical area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Pasadena,East Annex - Parsons 75 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 8:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Department : VMC - Program Management Office
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.